Opteron & OS/2 - OS2

This is a discussion on Opteron & OS/2 - OS2 ; IWILL has a dual opteron small form factor case I am looking at. Are there any special Opteron related issues for OS/2?...

  1. Opteron & OS/2

    IWILL has a dual opteron small form factor case I am looking at. Are
    there any special Opteron related issues for OS/2?

  2. Re: Opteron & OS/2

    Sir:

    David Rocks wrote:
    > IWILL has a dual opteron small form factor case I am looking at. Are
    > there any special Opteron related issues for OS/2?

    Not all AMD 64 platforms will boot OS/2. Some have defective BIOS, some
    have timing problems, some don't conform to the PC expectations of OS/2.
    In all cases of successful boot of OS/2, the latest kernel, removal of
    Testcfg.sys, Apm.sys was required. Google for the facts. There are
    replacements for Testcfg.sys and Apm.sys that two authors have made.
    I've not heard of the Iwill board working with OS/2, but not all
    successes are reported here on Usenet. Maybe someone will report in
    answer to your query. I understand that Serenity Systems is working on
    a version of eCS that will have better chance of booting on the AMD 64
    platform. Ask on their news server.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!