Using a Flash drive - OS2

This is a discussion on Using a Flash drive - OS2 ; Hi Folks, Quick question, I hope, and apologies if it's a daft one. My eCS 1.2 Thinkpad happily does things with my USB flash drive, but I'me not quite sure how I should be starting and stoping it. I have ...

  1. Using a Flash drive

    Hi Folks,

    Quick question, I hope, and apologies if it's a daft one. My eCS 1.2
    Thinkpad happily does things with my USB flash drive, but I'me not
    quite sure how I should be starting and stoping it. I have noticed
    that any attempt t o access it (through File -> Open, say) gets an
    error message unless I do a DIR E: from the command line first.
    Similarly EJECT E: seems to be the way to get the wee light to stop
    flashing. Are those the official ways of mounting/unmounting the drive
    or should I be doing something else? It would be particularly useful
    not to have to do the DIR E: business...

    Thanks in advance,

    Ian
    --

  2. Re: Using a Flash drive

    Sir:

    Ian Johnston wrote:
    > Hi Folks,
    >
    > Quick question, I hope, and apologies if it's a daft one. My eCS 1.2
    > Thinkpad happily does things with my USB flash drive, but I'me not
    > quite sure how I should be starting and stoping it. I have noticed
    > that any attempt t o access it (through File -> Open, say) gets an
    > error message unless I do a DIR E: from the command line first.
    > Similarly EJECT E: seems to be the way to get the wee light to stop
    > flashing. Are those the official ways of mounting/unmounting the drive
    > or should I be doing something else? It would be particularly useful
    > not to have to do the DIR E: business...
    >
    > Thanks in advance,

    Yes, the eject is required. To mount it, use the 'refresh removable
    media' object in the drive folder.

    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Using a Flash drive

    On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 15:05:37 UTC, "William L. Hartzell"
    wrote:

    : Yes, the eject is required. To mount it, use the 'refresh removable
    : media' object in the drive folder.

    Thanks. The Refresh ... object doesn't do very much, or at least not
    very fast. Dir works instantly ...

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread