Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll - OS2

This is a discussion on Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll - OS2 ; I really hate it when folks distribute software with gorgeous descriptions but then forget to put some of the most essentials in the package. One of those seems to be SciGraphica (for XFree/2). Seems to be missing quite a few ...

  1. Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    I really hate it when folks distribute software with gorgeous
    descriptions but then forget to put some of the most essentials in the
    package.
    One of those seems to be SciGraphica (for XFree/2).
    Seems to be missing quite a few DLLs.
    I managed to locate most of them, but the one GTKEXT.DLL keeps eluding
    me.
    Even so I found a Russian web site claiming it has this file included
    in its SciGraphica archive, that link is actually a dead one.

    Thanks in advanve for any good ideas.

  2. Re: Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    Sir:

    Donald wrote:
    > I really hate it when folks distribute software with gorgeous
    > descriptions but then forget to put some of the most essentials in the
    > package.
    > One of those seems to be SciGraphica (for XFree/2).
    > Seems to be missing quite a few DLLs.
    > I managed to locate most of them, but the one GTKEXT.DLL keeps eluding
    > me.
    > Even so I found a Russian web site claiming it has this file included
    > in its SciGraphica archive, that link is actually a dead one.
    >
    > Thanks in advanve for any good ideas.

    I found this. It is old.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    That was the "dead link site" I was talking about..
    The SciGraphica link on that web page is DEAD !!!

  4. Re: Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    Sir:

    Donald wrote:
    > That was the "dead link site" I was talking about..
    > The SciGraphica link on that web page is DEAD !!!

    But I thought you were after gtkext.dll, which is under other folders.
    Try gtkext engine.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  5. Re: Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    ???????

    And yet more ??????

    I searched that entire web page and could neither find "Other folders"
    nor "gtkext engine".

    DD

  6. Re: Bad SciGraphica distribution - gtkext.dll

    Where you talking by any chance about the "GTK-Engine" ???

+ Reply to Thread