UDF CD not read by Tpad - OS2

This is a discussion on UDF CD not read by Tpad - OS2 ; Hi I have a CDRW I created on the Desktop using UDF, here the read & write just works fine. If I try to read the CD on the Thinkpad, I get a message saying the media it's not formatted ...

  1. UDF CD not read by Tpad

    Hi

    I have a CDRW I created on the Desktop using
    UDF, here the read & write just works fine.

    If I try to read the CD on the Thinkpad, I get
    a message saying the media it's not formatted
    right.

    I am puzzled as on both systems I run the same
    version of OS/2 and UDF/IFS.

    XP reads the disk OK as it should.

    What could be?

    On the T20 I have the Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-S200.

    ciao.

  2. Re: UDF CD not read by Tpad

    Mr. C
    ], who wrote in article <41ff67df$0$6317$5fc30a8@news.tiscali.it>:
    > Hi
    >
    > I have a CDRW I created on the Desktop using
    > UDF, here the read & write just works fine.
    >
    > If I try to read the CD on the Thinkpad, I get
    > a message saying the media it's not formatted
    > right.

    Likewise here; two computer with identical setup (cloned from one to
    another); one (newer CD drive, writer) can read UDF, another (older CD
    drive, reader only) can't. Try running

    cdrecord -v dev=0,1,0 -prcap

    on them and compare results (the option dev=... should be changed; run
    with -scanbus option to find out). I did not compare the output yet;
    but I would watch for packet-related stuff (though I have no idea why
    packets may be needed for read...).

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya

+ Reply to Thread