install warp 4 to a 4gb disk - OS2

This is a discussion on install warp 4 to a 4gb disk - OS2 ; Hello, i want to install an os2 warp 4 on a 4gb hard disk. But, i have only the patch for hard drive over 8gb and with it, it doesn't work with this 4gb drive. I know that before this ...

  1. install warp 4 to a 4gb disk

    Hello, i want to install an os2 warp 4 on a 4gb hard disk. But, i have
    only the patch for hard drive over 8gb and with it, it doesn't work
    with this 4gb drive. I know that before this patch for 8gb disk, there
    was a patch for up to 2gb drive. please do you have this patch or do
    you know where i can find it?

    i have already installed many warp 4 ion drive over 8gb and even if i
    make a part under the 1024 cylinders, it never works.

    please help me

    best regards O.P. FRANCE

  2. Re: install warp 4 to a 4gb disk

    OP wrote:
    > Hello, i want to install an os2 warp 4 on a 4gb hard disk. But, i have
    > only the patch for hard drive over 8gb and with it, it doesn't work
    > with this 4gb drive. I know that before this patch for 8gb disk, there
    > was a patch for up to 2gb drive. please do you have this patch or do
    > you know where i can find it?
    >
    > i have already installed many warp 4 ion drive over 8gb and even if i
    > make a part under the 1024 cylinders, it never works.

    How does it "never work"? I assume you create installation diskettes,
    patch them with as new as possible IDE drivers, put SET COPYFROMFLOPPY=1
    into the CONFIG.SYS at the floppy... This way it worked for me if the
    IDE drivers were able to recognize the disk correctly.

    Cheers,
    Martin

    > please help me
    >
    > best regards O.P. FRANCE