Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software - OS2

This is a discussion on Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software - OS2 ; Hi, I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the point-of-sale ...

  1. Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Hi,

    I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me
    to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    surprises.

    Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive which
    sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom folders,
    ini files, other programs, etc.) ?

    I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened, all
    I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    system/programs/drivers installed.

    Thanks,

    Mia Jones

  2. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Sir:

    Mia wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    > quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me
    > to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    > point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    > surprises.

    > Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive which
    > sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom folders,
    > ini files, other programs, etc.) ?
    >
    > I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened, all
    > I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    > system/programs/drivers installed.

    The short answer is yes. The But in this is your are in the wrong
    newsgroup for this question. Suggest you try a Windows newsgroup as
    this newsgroup is for a different operating system that we consider to
    be better than any version of Windows. Sorry.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Hmmm...let me see if I follow you here. By installing Windows
    NT, you are assured of "no surprises"?? I'm not sure I agree
    with you on that point...

    By the way, this is an OS/2 newsgroup...which is an Operating
    System for PC's. MS Windows software problems usually aren't
    solved here (if they can be solved anywhere). You might try
    talking to the software vendor, if it seems that is where
    the problem lies...

    Mia wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    > quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me
    > to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    > point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    > surprises.

    > Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive which
    > sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom folders,
    > ini files, other programs, etc.) ?
    >
    > I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened, all
    > I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    > system/programs/drivers installed.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Mia Jones

  4. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > Sir:
    >
    > Mia wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    >> quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me
    >> to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    >> point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    >> surprises.

    >> Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive which
    >> sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom folders,
    >> ini files, other programs, etc.) ?
    >>

    >> I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened, all
    >> I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    >> system/programs/drivers installed.
    >>

    > The short answer is yes. The But in this is your are in the wrong
    > newsgroup for this question. Suggest you try a Windows newsgroup as
    > this newsgroup is for a different operating system that we consider to
    > be better than any version of Windows. Sorry.

    I'm always surprised how clueless sometimes Windozers are.

    Cheers,
    Martin

  5. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Sir:

    MMI wrote:
    > William L. Hartzell wrote:
    >
    >> Sir:
    >>
    >> Mia wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    >>> quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for me
    >>> to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    >>> point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    >>> surprises.

    >>> Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive which
    >>> sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom folders,
    >>> ini files, other programs, etc.) ?
    >>>

    >>> I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened, all
    >>> I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    >>> system/programs/drivers installed.
    >>>

    >> The short answer is yes. The But in this is your are in the wrong
    >> newsgroup for this question. Suggest you try a Windows newsgroup as
    >> this newsgroup is for a different operating system that we consider to
    >> be better than any version of Windows. Sorry.

    > I'm always surprised how clueless sometimes Windozers are.

    Everyone is a rookie once.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  6. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Thanks for nice words, guys. Sorry ... Wrong group!

    William, your condescending tone is not appreciated. No wonder you
    can't get laid with that attitude.

    Tootles!

    Mia

    MMI wrote:
    > William L. Hartzell wrote:
    > > Sir:
    > >
    > > Mia wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm working with some point-of-sale software that is being updated
    > >> quite frequently. If it crashes (which it does), it is easier for

    me
    > >> to wipe the entire hdd clean, put Windows NT on it, and set up the
    > >> point-of-sale software again. That way I ensure there are no
    > >> surprises.

    > >> Is there a way to create a multi-volume startup cd-rom archive

    which
    > >> sets everything up on bootup (drivers, windows system, custom

    folders,
    > >> ini files, other programs, etc.) ?

    > >> I used to have an HP Pavilion - if something irreparable happened,

    all
    > >> I had to do is pop three cd's in one after another, and I had my
    > >> system/programs/drivers installed.
    > >>

    > > The short answer is yes. The But in this is your are in the wrong
    > > newsgroup for this question. Suggest you try a Windows newsgroup

    as
    > > this newsgroup is for a different operating system that we consider

    > > be better than any version of Windows. Sorry.

    > I'm always surprised how clueless sometimes Windozers are.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Martin

  7. Re: Boot from several cd's / preinstalled software

    Sir:

    Mia wrote:
    > Thanks for nice words, guys. Sorry ... Wrong group!
    >
    > William, your condescending tone is not appreciated. No wonder you
    > can't get laid with that attitude.
    >

    > Tootles!

    Would you rather I told you to get bent and said a few nasties about the
    IQ of Windows users?
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!