SCSI - OS2

This is a discussion on SCSI - OS2 ; Hi All, Hope you can help me out; I'm trying to install Warp 4.5 on a Intellistation Z Pro with 2 Xeon 1 GHz processors and 3 SCSI drives, 17GB, 17GB and 37GB. All Ultra 160. During setup when disk ...

  1. SCSI

    Hi All,

    Hope you can help me out; I'm trying to install Warp 4.5 on a Intellistation
    Z Pro with 2 Xeon 1 GHz processors and 3 SCSI drives, 17GB, 17GB and 37GB.
    All Ultra 160.
    During setup when disk 1 is running the computer locked up and I found out
    that there is no driver for the AIC 7899 disk controller.
    I downloaded AICU160.ADD, removed some unused files from disk 1 and put the
    wright file on the disk.
    In the config.sys file on disk1 I put in top the next lines:
    BASEDEV=AICU160.ADD/V
    SET CopyFromFloppy=1
    This should do, but during loading disk1 lots of text is scrolling and the
    installation aborted.
    What am I doing wrong or is there something else to do.
    Next question: the Z Pro came with a 3DLabs Wildcat 4210 AGP Pro videocard,
    but as far as I know there is no OS/2 driver for this card, or....?
    Please help me out.

    George

  2. Re: SCSI

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:59:48 +0100, "George"
    wrote:

    >Hi All,
    >
    >Hope you can help me out; I'm trying to install Warp 4.5 on a Intellistation
    >Z Pro with 2 Xeon 1 GHz processors and 3 SCSI drives, 17GB, 17GB and 37GB.
    >All Ultra 160.
    >During setup when disk 1 is running the computer locked up and I found out
    >that there is no driver for the AIC 7899 disk controller.
    >I downloaded AICU160.ADD, removed some unused files from disk 1 and put the
    >wright file on the disk.

    Remove only files which are not listed with there corresponding *.snp
    files in file snoop.lst of disk_1.

    >In the config.sys file on disk1 I put in top the next lines:
    >BASEDEV=AICU160.ADD/V
    >SET CopyFromFloppy=1
    >This should do, but during loading disk1 lots of text is scrolling and the
    >installation aborted.
    >What am I doing wrong or is there something else to do.
    >Next question: the Z Pro came with a 3DLabs Wildcat 4210 AGP Pro videocard,
    >but as far as I know there is no OS/2 driver for this card, or....?
    >Please help me out.
    >
    >George

+ Reply to Thread