SMP & PSDs - OS2

This is a discussion on SMP & PSDs - OS2 ; I'm getting a hang during bootup when upgrading an SMP machine with a newer SMP kernel. In the process of trying to stablise the system I'd like to know which set of files I need to keep in sync... I ...

  1. SMP & PSDs

    I'm getting a hang during bootup when upgrading an SMP machine with a
    newer SMP kernel. In the process of trying to stablise the system I'd
    like to know which set of files I need to keep in sync... I know os2ldr
    and os2krnl come as a matching pair but what about *.PSD files? Are they
    backwardly compatible with older kernels?

  2. Re: SMP & PSDs

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:16:53 +0000, jp wrote:

    >I'm getting a hang during bootup when upgrading an SMP machine with a
    > I know os2ldr and os2krnl come as a matching pair but what about *.PSD files? Are they
    >backwardly compatible with older kernels?

    Yes. Make sure you don't specify /APIC on the os2apic command line though,
    as I never fixed that.
    -Scott

+ Reply to Thread