Linux partition and Boot Manager - OS2

This is a discussion on Linux partition and Boot Manager - OS2 ; Hello Folks, I have just installed Linux (Mandrake) on my laptop, which has Boot Manager. Linux is on a logical partition, formatted ext3. If I select it in Boot Manager, I get "partition is not formatted". Advice very welcome! Ian...

  1. Linux partition and Boot Manager

    Hello Folks,

    I have just installed Linux (Mandrake) on my laptop, which has Boot
    Manager. Linux is on a logical partition, formatted ext3. If I select
    it in Boot Manager, I get "partition is not formatted".

    Advice very welcome!

    Ian

  2. Re: Linux partition and Boot Manager

    I had a similar problem with was solved by using an
    older fdisk, probably from 3.0 FP_40.

    lin Baden

    In , "Ian Johnston" writes:
    >Hello Folks,
    >
    >I have just installed Linux (Mandrake) on my laptop, which has Boot
    >Manager. Linux is on a logical partition, formatted ext3. If I select
    >it in Boot Manager, I get "partition is not formatted".
    >
    >Advice very welcome!
    >
    >Ian

    Baden Kudrenecky
    baden@unixg.ubc.ca
    http://baden.nu/

  3. Re: Linux partition and Boot Manager

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:40:33 UTC, baden@unixg.ubc.ca (Baden
    Kudrenecky) wrote:

    : I had a similar problem with was solved by using an
    : older fdisk, probably from 3.0 FP_40.

    I put LILO at the beginning of the Linux partition and all is now
    well.

    Ian

+ Reply to Thread