increasing container perfomance - OS2

This is a discussion on increasing container perfomance - OS2 ; I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or pointers on how to increase the performance on the container functions? When dealing with containers containing more 2k items, it starts slowing down when loading or deleting items. Is there a ...

  1. increasing container perfomance

    I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or pointers on how to
    increase the performance on the container functions?

    When dealing with containers containing more 2k items, it starts
    slowing down when loading or deleting items.

    Is there a way to mark an item deleted, ie. not visible, but not have
    to feee and allocate, so that when deleting small numbers, I can
    can defer?

    Curently the program allocates all the records and inserts them as a
    group? AM I stuck this way, or once allocated, I can then use individual
    deletes and inserts?

    Any ideas?

    Thanks.

  2. Re: increasing container perfomance

    On Fri, 3 Aug 2007 08:48:08 UTC, Bill Silverstein wrote:

    > I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions or pointers on how
    > to increase the performance on the container functions?
    >
    > When dealing with containers containing more 2k items, it starts
    > slowing down when loading or deleting items.
    >
    > Is there a way to mark an item deleted, ie. not visible, but not
    > have to feee and allocate, so that when deleting small numbers,
    > I can defer?
    >
    > Curently the program allocates all the records and inserts them
    > as a group? AM I stuck this way, or once allocated, I can then
    > use individual deletes and inserts?

    It sounds like you need to set CNRINFO.cDelta and respond to
    CN_QUERYDELTA. In typical usage, you have a fixed number of
    records. When the container gets close to either end of the
    available records, it sends a notification. You then remove
    records from the end you're moving away from, change their
    contents, and reinsert them at the end you're approaching.
    The PM ref describes this at greater length.

    --
    == == almost usable email address: rws AT e-vertise.com == ==

    | Remote Workplace Server v0.80
    Rich Walsh | interact with the WPS from any program
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/rws/rws080.zip