Hi,

This is probably slightly OT, but I suspect it's one that programmers
are most capable of answering :-)

I have for some time been unable to configure named.exe using the os2
java nameserver configuration dialogs.

I have java 1.1.8 in the c:\java11 folder, with tcpip 4.21.

The configuration uses a server and a client
c:\tcpip\ddnsaps.cmd, and c:\tcpip\ddnsapc.cmd

When the client is run and the admin password is entered, I get the
following errors on the server, what on earth could be wrong? :-

(c) Copyright IBM Corp 1997. All rights reserved.
US Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, Duplication or
disclosure restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
IBM DDNS Server Administrator listening at smallbox.manglais on port 7462
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.String.(String.java:116)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.FileEntry.(FileEntry.java:96)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.TheDomainFile.proc essLineFromFile(TheDomainFile.java:135)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.TheDomainFile.read File(TheDomainFile.java:121)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.TheDomainFile.read File(TheDomainFile.java:98)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.ConfigurationManag er.readDomFiles(Compiled
Code)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.ConfigurationManag er.readConfig(ConfigurationManager.java:1570)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.Question.getRespon se(Question.java:138)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.ConfigurationManag er.recFromNetwork(ConfigurationManager.java:185)
at
COM.ibm.raleigh.ddnssgui.common.DDNSAdministratorS erver.main(DDNSAdministratorServer.java:130)