Question on titles in ipf files and help instances - OS2

This is a discussion on Question on titles in ipf files and help instances - OS2 ; Ipf has a :title. tag. If I set this in a document to "foo", run it through ipfc and view the resulting help file with "view" the help title bar says "Help - foo". Now in a C program I ...

  1. Question on titles in ipf files and help instances

    Ipf has a :title. tag. If I set this in a document to "foo", run it
    through ipfc and view the resulting help file with "view" the help
    title bar says "Help - foo".

    Now in a C program I wish to use that help file, but you have to set
    pszHelpWindowTitle in the help instance structure before calling
    WinCreateHelpInstance. So how is one supposed to set up a help
    instance such that the title of the help window is what the :title.
    tag has?

    Omitting the pszHelpWindowTitle = string makes the program crash, as
    does setting it to NULL. If it is set to an empty string then the
    title bar says "Help - Help".

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville

  2. Re: Question on titles in ipf files and help instances

    On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 07:56:37 UTC, "Dave Saville"
    wrote:

    > Ipf has a :title. tag. If I set this in a document to "foo", run it
    > through ipfc and view the resulting help file with "view" the help
    > title bar says "Help - foo".
    >
    > Now in a C program I wish to use that help file, but you have to set
    > pszHelpWindowTitle in the help instance structure before calling
    > WinCreateHelpInstance. So how is one supposed to set up a help
    > instance such that the title of the help window is what the :title.
    > tag has?
    >
    > Omitting the pszHelpWindowTitle = string makes the program crash, as
    > does setting it to NULL. If it is set to an empty string then the
    > title bar says "Help - Help".

    To answer my own post :-)

    I found a :title. tag in the help file I was testing with that I had
    forgotton was there. So the answer is set pszHelpWindowTitle = "" and
    it will take the title from the hlp file.

    --
    Regards
    Dave Saville