How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap? - OS2

This is a discussion on How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap? - OS2 ; Hi, Does anyone have a code snippet or algorythm to decompress a HUFFMAN1D compressed monochrome OS/2 bitmap image? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Yours, Peter...

  1. How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Hi,

    Does anyone have a code snippet or algorythm to decompress a HUFFMAN1D
    compressed monochrome OS/2 bitmap image?

    Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

    Yours,
    Peter

  2. Re: How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Peter Koller schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does anyone have a code snippet or algorythm to decompress a HUFFMAN1D
    > compressed monochrome OS/2 bitmap image?
    >
    > Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    >
    > Yours,
    > Peter

    Have a look at:

    http://www.netnam.vn/unescocourse/co...vision/104.htm

    Lars

  3. Re: How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Lars Erdmann schrieb:
    > Peter Koller schrieb:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Does anyone have a code snippet or algorythm to decompress a HUFFMAN1D
    >> compressed monochrome OS/2 bitmap image?
    >>
    >> Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    >>
    >> Yours,
    >> Peter
    >>

    > Have a look at:
    >
    > http://www.netnam.vn/unescocourse/co...vision/104.htm
    >
    > Lars

    Or, even better:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/huffman

    There you can download a huffman encoder/decoder source code, written in
    "C".

    Lars

  4. Re: How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Hi Lars,

    Thank you very much. Just what I needed. :-))

    Yours,
    Peter

    Lars Erdmann wrote:

    > Lars Erdmann schrieb:
    > > Peter Koller schrieb:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Does anyone have a code snippet or algorythm to decompress a HUFFMAN1D
    > >> compressed monochrome OS/2 bitmap image?
    > >>
    > >> Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
    > >>
    > >> Yours,
    > >> Peter
    > >>

    > > Have a look at:
    > >
    > > http://www.netnam.vn/unescocourse/co...vision/104.htm
    > >
    > > Lars

    > Or, even better:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/huffman
    >
    > There you can download a huffman encoder/decoder source code, written in
    > "C".
    >
    > Lars

  5. Re: How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Hi Everybody,

    Ok, that didn't help. Any other ideas. Some C source code for huffman1d would
    be nice, I also think this format is used by faxes (fax 3, or some such) The
    format desribed in http://www.netnam.vn/unescocourse/co...vision/104.htm
    is not quite right.

    Yours
    Peter

    Peter Koller wrote:

    > Hi Lars,
    >
    > Thank you very much. Just what I needed. :-))
    >
    > Yours,
    > Peter
    >
    > Lars Erdmann wrote:
    >
    > > Lars Erdmann schrieb:

    > > > Have a look at:
    > > >
    > > > http://www.netnam.vn/unescocourse/co...vision/104.htm
    > > >
    > > > Lars

    > > Or, even better:
    > >
    > > http://sourceforge.net/projects/huffman
    > >
    > > There you can download a huffman encoder/decoder source code, written in
    > > "C".
    > >
    > > Lars

  6. Re: How to decompress a HUFFMAN1D bitmap?

    Servus Peter!

    PK> From: Peter Koller

    PK> Ok, that didn't help. Any other ideas. Some C source code for huffman1d
    PK> would be nice,

    Send me an e-mail with an useable address to resend attachments...

    PK> I also think this format is used by faxes (fax 3, or some such)

    :-) That's the main problem, if you assume there exists 'fax 3 or some such'

    I can send you my whole source for fax and any related operations, but maybe,
    this will also 'not help'.

    Implementing Huffman (and all which came after) is no trivial job. You HAVE TO
    know, what you are doing. In fact, there exist infinit ways to implement, but
    only a handfull is sensefull and only one or two are fast enough, depending on
    what you want to do.

    Herzliche Gruesse, Harald

    -+- Message created on Saturday December, 03 2005 08:15:49 mez

+ Reply to Thread