Color Selection Control - OS2

This is a discussion on Color Selection Control - OS2 ; Servus All! There exists a documentation of undocumented OS/2 features named OS2UNDOC.INF in which a methode is described, to get access to the Color Selection Control. Has anybody experiences in using this Control? Herzliche Gruesse, Harald -+- Message created on ...

  1. Color Selection Control

    Servus All!

    There exists a documentation of undocumented OS/2 features named OS2UNDOC.INF
    in which a methode is described, to get access to the Color Selection Control.

    Has anybody experiences in using this Control?

    Herzliche Gruesse, Harald

    -+- Message created on Thursday February, 03 2005 14:14:34 MEZ

  2. Re: Color Selection Control

    On Thu, 03 Feb 05 14:12:44 +0100, Harald Pollack
    wrote:

    > There exists a documentation of undocumented OS/2 features named OS2UNDOC.INF
    > in which a methode is described, to get access to the Color Selection Control.

    That article was derived from my investigations into that control. I don't
    agree with some of the detail in it.
    You can download the stuff I wrote from here:
    http://home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm#pmcolour

    > Has anybody experiences in using this Control?

    What do you want to know?

  3. Re: Color Selection Control

    Servus Paul!

    PR> From: Paul Ratcliffe

    PR> On Thu, 03 Feb 05 14:12:44 +0100, Harald Pollack
    PR> wrote:

    >> There exists a documentation of undocumented OS/2 features
    >> named OS2UNDOC.INF in which a methode is described, to get
    >> access to the Color Selection Control.

    PR> That article was derived from my investigations into that
    PR> control. I don't agree with some of the detail in it.
    PR> You can download the stuff I wrote from here:
    PR> http://home.clara.net/orac/os2.htm#pmcolour

    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

    >> Has anybody experiences in using this Control?

    PR> What do you want to know?

    My 'missing bridge' was the trick, WHERE I should use the "ColorSelectClass" in
    DLGTEMPLATE.

    PMCOLOUR.DLG contains - of course - the solution :-)))

    Herzliche Gruesse, Harald

    -+- Message created on Friday February, 04 2005 09:31:14 MEZ

  4. Re: Color Selection Control

    On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:26:40 UTC, Harald Pollack
    wrote:

    > My 'missing bridge' was the trick, WHERE I should use the
    >"ColorSelectClass" in DLGTEMPLATE.

    Just a note: I ran into the situation, that my preferred
    ressource editor (Borland Ressource Workshop) would crash
    when trying to graphically edit a dialog containing a color
    selection control. This will most likely apply to other
    ressource editors as well, because they don't know about
    WPCONFIG.DLL.

    My solution for this was to hide the true window class
    from the ressource editor. So instead of "ColorSelectClass",
    I used something like "My_ColorSelectClass" in the dialog
    template. Since this class is not yet registered, Ressource
    Workshop does not try to load the control and thus does not
    crash. In the application code, I the register
    "My_ColorSelectClass" and make it behave like the real
    control:

    if( DosLoadModule(NULL, 0, "WPCONFIG", &hWPConfigDll) == 0 )
    {
    if( WinQueryClassInfo(hab, "ColorSelectClass", &ClassInfo) )
    {
    WinRegisterClass(hab,
    "My_ColorSelectClass",
    ClassInfo.pfnWindowProc,
    ClassInfo.flClassStyle & ~CS_PUBLIC,
    ClassInfo.cbWindowData);
    }
    }

    --
    Ruediger "Rudi" Ihle [S&T Systemtechnik GmbH, Germany]
    http://www.s-t.de

+ Reply to Thread