Launching from detached program - OS2

This is a discussion on Launching from detached program - OS2 ; What is the best (or only way) to launch another program from a program running in the background (detached). This is for a cron type of program. -- M Greene Voice Memeber #1356 IRC (MikeG): irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 and #learnc++ ashburn.va.us.undernet.org ...

  1. Launching from detached program

    --

    M Greene Voice Memeber #1356

    IRC (MikeG): irc.va.webbnet.info #os/2 and #learnc++
    ashburn.va.us.undernet.org #os/2warp irc.ecomstation.com #eCS
    ICQ:319474014 AIM:mikekg2003

    http://members.cox.net/greenemk/os2/index.html

  2. Re: Launching from detached program

    Michael Greene
    ], who wrote in article <0ciLd.104535$Wo.54720@lakeread08>:
    > What is the best (or only way) to launch another program from a program
    > running in the background (detached). This is for a cron type of program.

    The code I saw was starting an object. IIUC, you can't start an
    executable non-detached.

    Hope this helps,
    Ilya

  3. Re: Launching from detached program

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:09:33 UTC, Michael Greene
    wrote:

    > What is the best (or only way) to launch another program from a program
    > running in the background (detached). This is for a cron type of program.

    DosStartSession()

    as you must fire up a new session or you will get only another
    background program.

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

    eComStation 1.2 Deutsch ist da!

  4. Re: Launching from detached program

    Herbert Rosenau
    ], who wrote in article :
    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 04:09:33 UTC, Michael Greene
    > wrote:
    >
    > > What is the best (or only way) to launch another program from a program
    > > running in the background (detached). This is for a cron type of program.

    > DosStartSession()

    ??? Did you actually try it from a detached program???

    Puzzled,
    Ilya

+ Reply to Thread