Does set/query icon text visibility work? - OS2

This is a discussion on Does set/query icon text visibility work? - OS2 ; Hi, I am working on a project and might have found a problem using the WPS API. I am wondering if anyone else might have seen this. If I call wpQueryIconTextVisibility on a folder I always get that the text ...

  1. Does set/query icon text visibility work?

    Hi,

    I am working on a project and might have found a problem using the WPS
    API. I am wondering if anyone else might have seen this.

    If I call wpQueryIconTextVisibility on a folder I always get that the
    text is visible, even if I feed it bogus view constants. No hint of an
    error ever surfaces. Using the corresponding set method also always
    returns that it worked, but never has any effect. Indeed, resetting it
    in the GUI and checking the value always returns true for any and all
    views.

    Now, I am going through RWS, but every other call I've made through
    this works as advertised, so I am wondering if this is a known issue.
    Thanks,

    -- j

  2. Re: Does set/query icon text visibility work?

    Hi,

    maybe wpclsQueryError returns an error. Some wps methods use wpclsSetError
    internally to set an error.
    You have to bracket the call to wpQueryIconTextVisibility:

    wpclsSetError(...,0UL)
    wpQueryIconTextVisibility(....)
    error = wpclsQueryError(...)

    if error <> 0UL, then this tells you that wpQueryIconTextVisibility set an
    error internally. The error constants are defined in the WPS programming
    reference I think.

    Lars

    schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    news:1104768157.774892.138930@f14g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working on a project and might have found a problem using the WPS
    > API. I am wondering if anyone else might have seen this.
    >
    > If I call wpQueryIconTextVisibility on a folder I always get that the
    > text is visible, even if I feed it bogus view constants. No hint of an
    > error ever surfaces. Using the corresponding set method also always
    > returns that it worked, but never has any effect. Indeed, resetting it
    > in the GUI and checking the value always returns true for any and all
    > views.
    >
    > Now, I am going through RWS, but every other call I've made through
    > this works as advertised, so I am wondering if this is a known issue.
    > Thanks,
    >
    > -- j

  3. Re: Does set/query icon text visibility work?

    spam@jqhome.net schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am working on a project and might have found a problem using the WPS
    > API. I am wondering if anyone else might have seen this.
    >
    > If I call wpQueryIconTextVisibility on a folder I always get that the
    > text is visible, even if I feed it bogus view constants. No hint of an
    > error ever surfaces. Using the corresponding set method also always
    > returns that it worked, but never has any effect. Indeed, resetting it
    > in the GUI and checking the value always returns true for any and all
    > views.

    1.) wpSetIconTextVisibility does not give any return value
    2.) wpSetIconTextVisibility will only work for ICON and TREE view
    3.) have you tried wpSetIconTextVisibility(...,ICON_TEXT_VISIBLE,OPEN _CONTENTS,TRUE) for an ICON
    view ? That should give you an immediate visible feedback for any already opened ICON view.
    4.) wpSetIconTextVisibility(...,ICON_TEXT_VISIBLE,OPEN _TREE,TRUE) for a TREE view as for 2.)

    > Now, I am going through RWS, but every other call I've made through
    > this works as advertised, so I am wondering if this is a known issue.

    That won't give you anything different. RWS just invokes the object methods.

    Lars

  4. Re: Does set/query icon text visibility work?

    Lars Erdmann wrote:
    > spam@jqhome.net schrieb:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am working on a project and might have found a problem using the

    WPS
    > > API. I am wondering if anyone else might have seen this.
    > >
    > > If I call wpQueryIconTextVisibility on a folder I always get that

    the
    > > text is visible, even if I feed it bogus view constants. No hint of

    an
    > > error ever surfaces. Using the corresponding set method also always
    > > returns that it worked, but never has any effect. Indeed, resetting

    it
    > > in the GUI and checking the value always returns true for any and

    all
    > > views.

    > 1.) wpSetIconTextVisibility does not give any return value
    > 2.) wpSetIconTextVisibility will only work for ICON and TREE view
    > 3.) have you tried

    wpSetIconTextVisibility(...,ICON_TEXT_VISIBLE,OPEN _CONTENTS,TRUE) for
    an ICON
    > view ? That should give you an immediate visible feedback for any

    already opened ICON view.
    > 4.) wpSetIconTextVisibility(...,ICON_TEXT_VISIBLE,OPEN _TREE,TRUE) for

    a TREE view as for 2.)

    Thanks Lars!!

    Part of the issue was making sure I had the right call in RWS (that the
    returned type is void). As for the rest of it, since you *can* give
    this a user defined view type, it seems that other views and visibility
    values are never flagged as errors (at least wpQueryError always seems
    happy). So this method had no way to return an error occurred directly
    nor does it notify anyone if there is one.

    -- j

    > > Now, I am going through RWS, but every other call I've made through
    > > this works as advertised, so I am wondering if this is a known

    issue.

    > That won't give you anything different. RWS just invokes the object

    methods.

    > Lars

+ Reply to Thread