Som and wps with Visualage Smalltalk - OS2

This is a discussion on Som and wps with Visualage Smalltalk - OS2 ; Hi, I'd like to learn som, if possible using Smalltalk and not c++. Can you use som and create wps objects with VisualAge smalltalk or I absoletly need c++? Thanks...

  1. Som and wps with Visualage Smalltalk

    Hi,

    I'd like to learn som, if possible using Smalltalk and not c++. Can you
    use som and create wps objects with VisualAge smalltalk or I absoletly
    need c++?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Som and wps with Visualage Smalltalk

    iscaris@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'd like to learn som, if possible using Smalltalk and not c++. Can you
    > use som and create wps objects with VisualAge smalltalk or I absoletly
    > need c++?
    >
    > Thanks

    I've never gotten around to using VisualAge Smalltalk (been meaning to
    for a long time though), but one of the redbooks that I downloaded from
    IBM has a section on SOM/DSOM with Smalltalk, so it must be possible.

    Go to www.redbooks.ibm.com and do a search on sg242219. You can download
    the PDF. You will find some more redbooks if you enter "smalltalk" as
    the search criteria. Hope this helps.

    Dave

+ Reply to Thread