source code - OS2

This is a discussion on source code - OS2 ; I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?...

  1. source code

    I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?

  2. Re: source code

    Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

    > I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?

    The source is availbale here:-

    http://www.povray.org/download/

    Maybe try building it....

    what happaned to the last person maintaining it on OS/2?

  3. Re: source code

    jp wrote:
    > Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >
    >> I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?
    >>

    > The source is availbale here:-
    >
    > http://www.povray.org/download/
    >
    > Maybe try building it....
    >
    > what happaned to the last person maintaining it on OS/2?

    that's a good question.....

  4. Re: source code

    On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:39:17 UTC, jp
    wrote:

    > Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >
    > > I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?
    > >

    > The source is availbale here:-
    >
    > http://www.povray.org/download/
    >
    > Maybe try building it....

    I dug out an old attempt at compiling it and compiling the most recent
    version (3.6.1) turns out to be relatively straightforward. If you
    have
    a working autoconf setup you might not need to do anything at all, but
    I've never had much luck with configure scripts here.

    Without autoconf, you need to write a few simple makefiles and make
    some simple modifications to the Unix code. My versions are at

    http://www.zeta.org.au/~nps/software.../en/index.html

    If things work out I can tidy it up and make a binary distribution
    when
    I have time.

    Disclaimer: I don't actually know very much about POV-Ray itself, I
    just
    compiled it because I wanted to have a go at learning ray tracing. But
    it works for me on the sample files provided with the original POV-Ray
    source.

    Nick S.

  5. Re: source code

    Dr. Ash wrote:
    > On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 13:39:17 UTC, jp
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >>

    >>>I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?
    >>>

    >>The source is availbale here:-
    >>
    >>http://www.povray.org/download/
    >>
    >>Maybe try building it....

    > I dug out an old attempt at compiling it and compiling the most recent
    > version (3.6.1) turns out to be relatively straightforward. If you
    > have
    > a working autoconf setup you might not need to do anything at all, but
    > I've never had much luck with configure scripts here.

    You should try using UX2BS. It installs the latest autoconf for you and
    enables numerous apps to be built on OS/2 straight out of the box - just
    trying POVRAY at the moment...

    > Nick S.

  6. Re: source code

    Dilbert Firestorm wrote:

    > jp wrote:
    >> Dilbert Firestorm wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm curious. is anyone doing any porting of povray?
    >>>

    >> The source is availbale here:-
    >>
    >> http://www.povray.org/download/
    >>
    >> Maybe try building it....
    >>
    >> what happaned to the last person maintaining it on OS/2?

    > that's a good question.....

    Irresistible It ate him; it became sentient as the result of a
    massive influx of bogons from a parallel universe, got hungry and ate him.

    Film at 11.
    --
    "Good, late in to more rewarding well."┬*┬*"Well,┬*you┬*tonight.┬*┬*And┬*I┬*was
    lookintelligent woman of Ming home.┬*┬*I┬*trust┬*you┬*with┬*a┬*tender┬*silence."┬*┬*I

+ Reply to Thread