VA Smalltalk - OS2

This is a discussion on VA Smalltalk - OS2 ; Hi, Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk? Thanks...

  1. VA Smalltalk

    Hi,

    Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk?

    Thanks

  2. Re: VA Smalltalk

    Why do you want to buy it ? You can get it for free from IBM. You have to search Google though.

    Lars

    Fernando schrieb:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk?
    >
    > Thanks

  3. Re: VA Smalltalk

    Lars Erdmann schrieb:
    > Why do you want to buy it ? You can get it for free from IBM. You have
    > to search Google though.
    >
    > Lars
    >
    > Fernando schrieb:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    For example:

    http://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/smalltalk/

  4. Re: VA Smalltalk

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:25:39 +0100, Lars Erdmann
    wrote:

    >Why do you want to buy it ? You can get it for free from IBM. You have to search Google though.

    I wasn't aware of that. Thanks

  5. Re: VA Smalltalk

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 01:44:27 +0100, Lars Erdmann
    wrote:

    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >For example:
    >
    >http://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/smalltalk/

    Aren't those just demos or evaluation versions?

  6. Re: VA Smalltalk

    They are sometimes available on EBay. Check it regularly, a Visualage
    package shows up every two or three weeks.

    The last Visualage for Smalltalk was free for personal use. I don't
    remember
    the URL to download it.

    Aidan Grey

    On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:48:06 +0100, Fernando wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Do you know where I can buy an old copy of VA for Smalltalk?
    >
    >Thanks

  7. Re: VA Smalltalk

    Functionally, they are not restricted. I think the license agreement just
    resticts the use of the tool to produce commercial software for example.
    I think means: I don't know and give no guarantees.

    Lars

    "Fernando" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>For example:
    >>
    >>http://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/smalltalk/

    > Aren't those just demos or evaluation versions?

  8. Re: VA Smalltalk

    They are evaluation copies ... and you get a dialog when
    starting your application telling you this.

    You're not allowed to produce any software with it.

    It might be interesting for you to get an old version to
    get a cheaper entry price at IBM for the newer version.

    Marten

    Lars Erdmann schrieb:
    > Functionally, they are not restricted. I think the license agreement just
    > resticts the use of the tool to produce commercial software for example.
    > I think means: I don't know and give no guarantees.
    >
    > Lars
    >
    > "Fernando" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    >>>For example:
    >>>
    >>>http://www.os2site.com/sw/dev/smalltalk/

    >>Aren't those just demos or evaluation versions?

+ Reply to Thread