WPS and SOM - OS2

This is a discussion on WPS and SOM - OS2 ; Hi, Where can I find technical information about the design and implementation of the WPS and SOM? Thanks...

  1. WPS and SOM

    Hi,

    Where can I find technical information about the design and
    implementation of the WPS and SOM?

    Thanks

  2. Re: WPS and SOM

    Programming the OS/2 Presentation Manager by Charles
    Petzold
    http://www.charlespetzold.com/oop/pm1.html

    The Design of OS/2 by Harvey M. Deitel and Michael
    S. Kogan
    http://www.alibris.com/search/search...hes=11&qsort=r

    Check this list out:
    http://pages.prodigy.net/michaln/his...s/library.html

    Also, I think there are some Redbooks:
    http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/
    http://publib-b.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-...rchFuzzy=FALSE

    lin Baden

    In , Fernando writes:
    >Hi,
    >
    >Where can I find technical information about the design and
    >implementation of the WPS and SOM?
    >
    >Thanks

    Baden Kudrenecky
    baden@unixg.ubc.ca
    http://baden.nu/

  3. Re: WPS and SOM

    Fernando wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Where can I find technical information about the design and
    > implementation of the WPS and SOM?
    >
    > Thanks

    May not be exactly what you asked for but anyway:
    http://www.edm2.com/index.php/Introduction_to_SOM

    Robert

  4. Re: WPS and SOM

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:13:25 +0000 (UTC), "Herbert Rosenau"
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:33:24 UTC, Fernando wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Where can I find technical information about the design and
    >> implementation of the WPS and SOM?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    >IBM Toolkt52. comes with eCS 1.x on CD #2.

    Would eCS install on a moderatly recent PC?

  5. Re: WPS and SOM

    On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:18:12 UTC, Fernando wrote:

    > On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 11:13:25 +0000 (UTC), "Herbert Rosenau"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:33:24 UTC, Fernando wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> Where can I find technical information about the design and
    > >> implementation of the WPS and SOM?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > >IBM Toolkt52. comes with eCS 1.x on CD #2.

    > Would eCS install on a moderatly recent PC?

    Minimum requirements:
    P133 CPU
    48 MB RAM
    500 MB partiton (either primary or logical)
    499 MB is NOT enough, install impossible
    because installer makes an test for >= 500.
    VGA color monitor on 500KB VGA graphic card

    typical usage:
    P500 or AMD K5 or better
    256 MB RAM
    1 GB HD system, up to n x 64GB HPFS, n x 2 TB JFS
    SVGA or better

    Maximum:
    Any processor better than minimum, Intel 32 bit, AMD 32 or 64 Bit
    (the 64 bit processor will run in 32 bit mode only;
    currently it would not install - but run on AMD64)
    up to 4 GB RAM
    any modern graphic card

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

    eComStation 1.2 Deutsch ist da!

  6. Re: WPS and SOM

    Baden Kudrenecky wrote:
    > Programming the OS/2 Presentation Manager by Charles
    > Petzold
    > http://www.charlespetzold.com/oop/pm1.html

    There is no WPS information in this book. It is about the Presentation
    Manager only.

  7. Re: WPS and SOM

    Marty wrote:

    >> Programming the OS/2 Presentation Manager by Charles
    >> Petzold http://www.charlespetzold.com/oop/pm1.html

    > There is no WPS information in this book. It is about the Presentation
    > Manager only.

    I think after all those years, some people still confuse PM and WPS

    Michal

+ Reply to Thread