OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples - OS2 ; Hi all, i'm currently supporting the samba developers, to get OS/2 clients working right with samba. At the moment I'm looking for _working_ source code samples, which deal with OS/2s extended attributes (EAs). Any help is welcome. Guenter Kukkukk btw ...

  1. OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples

    Hi all,

    i'm currently supporting the samba developers, to get
    OS/2 clients working right with samba.

    At the moment I'm looking for _working_ source code
    samples, which deal with OS/2s extended attributes (EAs).

    Any help is welcome.

    Guenter Kukkukk

    btw - the best would be, to send any suggestions to
    sambaos2@kukkukk.com

    Günter Kukkukk
    Entwicklungsbüro f. Informationstechnologien
    Damaschkestraße 24
    D-10711 Berlin

    Tel. +49 30 327 024 50

  2. Re: OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples

    Guenter Kukkukk wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > i'm currently supporting the samba developers, to get
    > OS/2 clients working right with samba.
    >
    > At the moment I'm looking for _working_ source code
    > samples, which deal with OS/2s extended attributes (EAs).
    >
    > Any help is welcome.

    What about the OS/2 toolkit?

    os2tk45\samples\os2\eaedit

    Frank.

  3. Re: OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples

    go to hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu) and do a search for ealib. This
    is a vastly easier to use library than what is shipped with the
    toolkit. I toyed with a bit, but have not used it in a production
    environment, but it is a great way to learn about them (the toolkit
    docs are bloddy awful).

    -- j

  4. Re: OS/2 extended attributes - looking for source code samples

    wrote in message news:1103839713.328551.94630@c13g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
    > go to hobbes (http://hobbes.nmsu.edu) and do a search for ealib. This
    > is a vastly easier to use library than what is shipped with the
    > toolkit. I toyed with a bit, but have not used it in a production
    > environment, but it is a great way to learn about them (the toolkit
    > docs are bloddy awful).
    >
    > -- j

    Thanks all
    for your answers so far.