distcc - distributed compiler - OS2

This is a discussion on distcc - distributed compiler - OS2 ; According to the write up at distcc.samba.org:- distcc is a program to distribute builds of C, C++, Objective C or Objective C++ code across several machines on a network. distcc should always generate the same results as a local build, ...

  1. distcc - distributed compiler

    According to the write up at distcc.samba.org:-

    distcc is a program to distribute builds of C, C++, Objective C or
    Objective C++ code across several machines on a network. distcc should
    always generate the same results as a local build, is simple to install
    and use, and is usually much faster than a local compile.

    Is there any way to get this going on OS/2? It would be nice to
    distribute the build of an app over several machines.

  2. Re: distcc - distributed compiler

    jp wrote:
    > According to the write up at distcc.samba.org:-
    >
    > distcc is a program to distribute builds of C, C++, Objective C or
    > Objective C++ code across several machines on a network. distcc should
    > always generate the same results as a local build, is simple to install
    > and use, and is usually much faster than a local compile.

    I would find it much more useful if you could get ccache
    or better ccache1
    working for GCC 3.2.2 and/or 3.3.5 on
    OS/2. I never managed to get distcc working, even on Linux...

    > Is there any way to get this going on OS/2?

    It would be helpful if you told us what you have tried so far, what
    error message you got, what you didn't understand about the install docs
    etc.
    --
    Gre von
    Peter.

  3. Re: distcc - distributed compiler

    Peter Weilbacher wrote:
    > jp wrote:
    >
    >>According to the write up at distcc.samba.org:-
    >>
    >>distcc is a program to distribute builds of C, C++, Objective C or
    >>Objective C++ code across several machines on a network. distcc should
    >>always generate the same results as a local build, is simple to install
    >>and use, and is usually much faster than a local compile.

    > I would find it much more useful if you could get ccache
    > or better ccache1
    > working for GCC 3.2.2 and/or 3.3.5 on
    > OS/2. I never managed to get distcc working, even on Linux...
    >

    >>Is there any way to get this going on OS/2?

    > It would be helpful if you told us what you have tried so far, what
    > error message you got, what you didn't understand about the install docs
    > etc.

    What errors did you get when you tried install distcc on Linux or ccache
    on OS/2?

    I had a brief look at ccache but couldn't make much sense of it. Did you
    try building it?

  4. Re: distcc - distributed compiler

    On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 12:00:27 UTC, jp wrote:

    > What errors did you get when you tried install distcc on Linux

    Don't remember, only that it never worked the way it was supposed to.
    But that was a year or so ago, perhaps it has improved since.

    > or ccache on OS/2?
    >
    > I had a brief look at ccache but couldn't make much sense of it. Did you
    > try building it?

    No, didn't try.
    --
    Greetings, Please reply in newsgroup, I rarely
    Peter. read emails to pweilba@gwdg.de...

+ Reply to Thread