Re: WarpVision plays local RM files, not streams - OS2

This is a discussion on Re: WarpVision plays local RM files, not streams - OS2 ; On 12 Dec 2004 10:17:17 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote: >> >Module : UNIAUD.DLL >> >Error : D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIAUD.DLL >> >File size : 28,507 bytes >> >File date/time: 16-06-04 16:37:36 >> >> >So it sees the DLL, but it doesn't like it. ...

  1. Re: WarpVision plays local RM files, not streams

    wrote:

    >> >Module : UNIAUD.DLL
    >> >Error : D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIAUD.DLL
    >> >File size : 28,507 bytes
    >> >File date/time: 16-06-04 16:37:36

    >> >So it sees the DLL, but it doesn't like it. Why might that be?

    > File is not a valid OS/2 .EXE or .DLL file
    > All DLL's used by 'D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIAUD.DLL' could be loaded.
    > All DLL's used by 'D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIPLUG.DLL' could be loaded.

    I don't know if this is the same problem, but I've recently been
    having problems with applications that won't run because of a SYS1059
    error.
    It turns out that brain dead products like GCC insist on writing entries
    in the Imported Names Table in lower case.
    When I made these all upper case, all these weird errors went away.

    I don't know why they refuse to adhere to the normal standards - it is
    a real pain. Tools such as OS2TRACE refuse to work on "doscalls" - it has
    to be "DOSCALLS" etc.
    I suggest you get your binary editors out and start turning all these
    DLL names (inside both .EXEs and .DLLs) into upper case.
    Then see if you get the same problems.

    [c.o.o.p.m added]

  2. Re: WarpVision plays local RM files, not streams

    On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 14:08:33 UTC, Paul Ratcliffe
    opined:

    > > File is not a valid OS/2 .EXE or .DLL file
    > > All DLL's used by 'D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIAUD.DLL' could be loaded.
    > > All DLL's used by 'D:\WARPVISION\PLUGINS\UNIPLUG.DLL' could be loaded.

    > I don't know if this is the same problem, but I've recently been
    > having problems with applications that won't run because of a SYS1059
    > error.
    > It turns out that brain dead products like GCC insist on writing entries
    > in the Imported Names Table in lower case.
    > When I made these all upper case, all these weird errors went away.
    >
    > I don't know why they refuse to adhere to the normal standards - it is
    > a real pain. Tools such as OS2TRACE refuse to work on "doscalls" - it has
    > to be "DOSCALLS" etc.
    > I suggest you get your binary editors out and start turning all these
    > DLL names (inside both .EXEs and .DLLs) into upper case.
    > Then see if you get the same problems.
    >
    > [c.o.o.p.m added]

    But other people are using WarpVision and GCC without this problem, so how
    likely is it that the problem here is the result of lower case filenames?
    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

    All those who believe that the best physicians in France, given two weeks,
    can't diagnose what ails a patient - please stand up.

  3. Re: WarpVision plays local RM files, not streams

    On 12 Dec 2004 17:15:57 GMT, Stan Goodman wrote:

    >> It turns out that brain dead products like GCC insist on writing entries
    >> in the Imported Names Table in lower case.
    >> When I made these all upper case, all these weird errors went away.

    > But other people are using WarpVision and GCC without this problem, so how
    > likely is it that the problem here is the result of lower case filenames?

    I don't know. You won't unless you try it. All I was relating was my
    experiences. I have no idea whether the same applies elsewhere. That was
    why I posted.

    And just to be clear:
    The problem is NOT lower case filenames. The problem is the *module* names
    inside other modules being in lower case.

+ Reply to Thread