DosDebug and SSE 2 - OS2

This is a discussion on DosDebug and SSE 2 - OS2 ; Michal Necasek wrote: >> >> Well, but how Open Watcom debugger can deal with SSE2 stack of victim >> application then? >> > Magic. Look at the source code if you're really curious. > Thank You for the hint, I ...

  1. DosDebug and SSE 2

    Michal Necasek wrote:

    >> Well, but how Open Watcom debugger can deal with SSE2 stack of

    victim
    >> application then?
    >>

    > Magic. Look at the source code if you're really curious.

    Thank You for the hint, I understood how it works now. But it seems
    that contents of xmm registers destroy somehow, when program start
    under debugger control. I have a gcc compiled testcase demonstrated
    that.

    Thank You.
    Best regards.
    Dmitry.

    PS Does any plans exist to implement JIT futures in Watcom debugger?
    PPS Default debugger's font is quite terrible for me, but I didn't
    found any way to change it!

  2. Re: DosDebug and SSE 2

    Dmitry Froloff wrote:

    > Thank You for the hint, I understood how it works now. But it seems
    > that contents of xmm registers destroy somehow, when program start
    > under debugger control. I have a gcc compiled testcase demonstrated
    > that.

    If you send it to me, I'll take a quick look.

    > PS Does any plans exist to implement JIT futures in Watcom debugger?

    Speaking purely for myself, I have no plans, because I found little
    use for it. Of course the source is open to everyone.

    > PPS Default debugger's font is quite terrible for me, but I didn't
    > found any way to change it!

    That's because there isn't any. No one ever bothered to add a way to
    change fonts to the OS/2 version of the Watcom GUI library (the
    Windows version can do it). I personally am definitely not going to
    do this because I don't even use the windowed debugger.

    Michal

+ Reply to Thread