REXX and spooler? - OS2

This is a discussion on REXX and spooler? - OS2 ; I have a fairly large REXX script that prints stuff to a printer using the PRINT command. I now need a bit more control - e.g. to specify the paper source. Can anyone tell me, please, which of the myriad ...

  1. REXX and spooler?

    I have a fairly large REXX script that prints stuff to a printer using
    the PRINT command.

    I now need a bit more control - e.g. to specify the paper source.

    Can anyone tell me, please, which of the myriad REXX add-ons might be a
    good bet for this? Or will I have to write my own....?

  2. Re: REXX and spooler?

    > Can anyone tell me, please, which of the myriad REXX add-ons
    > might be a good bet for this?

    The one from IBM which should allow you to virtually press
    buttons and so on (APMST*.ZIP?!)? I've never seen a REXX print
    app nor DLL.

    > Or will I have to write my own....?

    I would (with using your PRINT):

    COPY Tray2.PRN /B + Data.PRN /B + Reset.PRN /B File.PRN
    PRINT File.PRN

    Obviously and typically, Reset.PRN coould be created like this:

    /**/;CALL CharOut 'Reset.PRN',D2C(27)'E'

    ---

  3. Re: REXX and spooler?

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:31:42 UTC, ML wrote:

    > > Can anyone tell me, please, which of the myriad REXX add-ons
    > > might be a good bet for this?

    > The one from IBM which should allow you to virtually press
    > buttons and so on (APMST*.ZIP?!)? I've never seen a REXX print
    > app nor DLL.
    >
    > > Or will I have to write my own....?

    > I would (with using your PRINT):
    >
    > COPY Tray2.PRN /B + Data.PRN /B + Reset.PRN /B File.PRN
    > PRINT File.PRN
    >
    > Obviously and typically, Reset.PRN coould be created like this:
    >
    > /**/;CALL CharOut 'Reset.PRN',D2C(27)'E'

    Yes, I could use that approach...in fact, the script is generating the
    files so it's even easier..

  4. Re: REXX and spooler?

    On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:31:42 UTC, ML wrote:

    > > Can anyone tell me, please, which of the myriad REXX add-ons
    > > might be a good bet for this?

    > The one from IBM which should allow you to virtually press
    > buttons and so on (APMST*.ZIP?!)? I've never seen a REXX print
    > app nor DLL.

    I have been pointed to one...so, for the record...

    Search for 'prtgraph' on Hobbes...!

+ Reply to Thread