Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD? - OS2

This is a discussion on Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD? - OS2 ; Hi, I've been trying to get to the forum pages of news.openwatcom.org but always refuses to connect for me in Mozilla. Have the forums moved? Are there any other forums for open watcom? Any info appreciated. Cheng-Yang Tan...

  1. Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD?

    Hi,
    I've been trying to get to the forum pages of news.openwatcom.org but always
    refuses to connect for me in Mozilla. Have the forums moved? Are there any
    other forums for open watcom?

    Any info appreciated.

    Cheng-Yang Tan

  2. Re: Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD?

    On 29 Nov 2004 21:08:53 GMT, Cheng-Yang Tan wrote:

    :>Hi,
    :> I've been trying to get to the forum pages of news.openwatcom.org but always
    :>refuses to connect for me in Mozilla. Have the forums moved? Are there any
    :>other forums for open watcom?

    I use the PMINews new reader, and the the newsgroups work fine for me. Did
    you use Mozilla's newsreader or what? Which URL did you use?
    news://news.openwatcom.org ?

    Mat Nieuwenhoven

  3. Re: Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD?

    Cheng-Yang Tan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I've been trying to get to the forum pages of news.openwatcom.org but always
    > refuses to connect for me in Mozilla. Have the forums moved? Are there any
    > other forums for open watcom?
    >

    > Any info appreciated.
    >
    > Cheng-Yang Tan

    They are on news.scitech.com as well.
    Andy

  4. Re: Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD?

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:00:30 UTC, Andy Willis wrote:

    > They are on news.scitech.com as well.
    > Andy

    nslookup news.openwatcom.org

    Name: scitechsoft.com
    Address: 69.0.238.41
    Aliases: news.openwatcom.org, news.scitechsoft.com

    Both work here.
    --
    Dave

  5. Re: Is news://news.openwatcom.org DEAD?

    In message - "Mat
    Nieuwenhoven" Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:27:32
    +0100 (CET) writes:
    :>
    :>On 29 Nov 2004 21:08:53 GMT, Cheng-Yang Tan wrote:
    :>
    :>:>Hi,
    :>:> I've been trying to get to the forum pages of news.openwatcom.org but always
    :>:>refuses to connect for me in Mozilla. Have the forums moved? Are there any
    :>:>other forums for open watcom?
    :>
    :>I use the PMINews new reader, and the the newsgroups work fine for me. Did
    :>you use Mozilla's newsreader or what? Which URL did you use?
    :>news://news.openwatcom.org ?
    :>
    :>
    :>Mat Nieuwenhoven
    :>
    :>

    Thanks for the all those who replied,
    I tried again this morning using Mozilla newsreader, killed off some of the
    news servers which I use and I could connect to openwatcom.

    Of course, who knows why it works today and not yesterday. Sigh.

    Cheng-Yang Tan

+ Reply to Thread