designing a simple OS - OS2

This is a discussion on designing a simple OS - OS2 ; Hi all, could anyone help me out. I am trying to design a suitable API which uses only library calls fopen, fclose, ferror, feof, fputc and fgetc provided in the standard C library headers stdio.h suitably modified to accomodate unicode ...

  1. designing a simple OS

    Hi all,
    could anyone help me out. I am trying to design a suitable API which
    uses only library calls fopen, fclose, ferror, feof, fputc and fgetc
    provided in the standard C library headers stdio.h suitably modified
    to accomodate unicode (UTF-8). Any help would be most appreciated
    cheers.
    Thanks

    regards,
    tison

  2. Re: designing a simple OS

    On 22 Nov 2004 07:39:37 -0800, tison wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >could anyone help me out. I am trying to design a suitable API which
    >uses only library calls fopen, fclose, ferror, feof, fputc and fgetc
    >provided in the standard C library headers stdio.h suitably modified
    >to accomodate unicode (UTF-8). Any help would be most appreciated
    >cheers.
    >Thanks
    >
    >regards,
    >tison

    For what processor and hardware are you trying to do this?

    Note that there are many existing solutions for "embedded systems".
    It is quite likely that one of them will do what you want.

    For more information on this sort of thing, check your local newsstand
    for a copy of "Circuit Cellar" magazine. That magazine often discusses
    such matters.

    Aidan Grey

+ Reply to Thread