Updating titlebar from batch program - OS2

This is a discussion on Updating titlebar from batch program - OS2 ; Is there any way to keep changing the name of the program in the titlebar from within a batch program? For instance, if I run this batch.cmd consisting of:- abc.exe xyz.exe is there any way to show 'abc' whilst abc.exe ...

  1. Updating titlebar from batch program

    Is there any way to keep changing the name of the program in the
    titlebar from within a batch program?

    For instance, if I run this batch.cmd consisting of:-

    abc.exe
    xyz.exe

    is there any way to show 'abc' whilst abc.exe is running and then 'xyz'
    when xyz.exe is running?

  2. Re: Updating titlebar from batch program

    > is there any way to show 'abc' whilst abc.exe is running and then 'xyz'
    > when xyz.exe is running?

    Not tested:

    @START "This is ABC" ABC.EXE
    @START "And this is XYZ" XYZ.EXE

    Type HELP START for more information.

    ---

  3. Re: Updating titlebar from batch program

    ML wrote:

    > > is there any way to show 'abc' whilst abc.exe is running and then 'xyz'
    > > when xyz.exe is running?

    >Not tested:
    >
    > @START "This is ABC" ABC.EXE
    > @START "And this is XYZ" XYZ.EXE
    >
    >Type HELP START for more information.

    This isn't what I meant. Here you are starting seperate OS/2 sessions
    asynchronously.
    I want to be able to change the title of the current session as
    successive programs are run within the same batch file.

    >---

  4. Re: Updating titlebar from batch program

    jp wrote:

    > Is there any way to keep changing the name of the program in the
    > titlebar from within a batch program?

    Set your own fixed title, this will prevent the automatic change.

    --
    Veit Kannegieser

  5. Re: Updating titlebar from batch program

    In , on 11/19/2004
    at 12:56 PM, jp said:

    >abc.exe
    >xyz.exe

    >is there any way to show 'abc' whilst abc.exe is running and then 'xyz'
    >when xyz.exe is running?

    The easy way is to run your scripts under 4os2.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 2.60b #10183
    Warp4/FP15/14.093c_W4 www.scoug.com irc.fyrelizard.com #scoug (Wed 7pm PST)