How do I change the titlebar height system wide? - OS2

This is a discussion on How do I change the titlebar height system wide? - OS2 ; How do I change the titlebar height system wide? I can use WinQuerySysValue( HWND_DESKTOP, SV_CYTITLEBAR ) to get the titlebar height but according to the help WinSetSysValue can't change this value. Thanks peter peterasloan at netscape dot net...

  1. How do I change the titlebar height system wide?

    How do I change the titlebar height system wide?
    I can use WinQuerySysValue( HWND_DESKTOP, SV_CYTITLEBAR ) to get the
    titlebar height but according to the help WinSetSysValue can't change
    this value.

    Thanks peter

    peterasloan at netscape dot net

  2. Re: How do I change the titlebar height system wide?

    Peter Sloan asked:

    > How do I change the titlebar height system wide?
    > I can use WinQuerySysValue( HWND_DESKTOP, SV_CYTITLEBAR ) to get the
    > titlebar height but according to the help WinSetSysValue can't change
    > this value.

    I think this is set in an resource in an video DLL. The video
    driver decides which of the two possible VGA resources it should load.

    --
    Veit Kannegieser

  3. Re: How do I change the titlebar height system wide?

    In article <1100655662.473569@ftpsrv1>,
    Peter Sloan <_peterasloan@netscape.net> wrote:

    >How do I change the titlebar height system wide?
    >I can use WinQuerySysValue( HWND_DESKTOP, SV_CYTITLEBAR ) to get the
    >titlebar height but according to the help WinSetSysValue can't change
    >this value.

    there is no easy way to do that

    --
    bye
    Alessandro Cantatore

  4. Re: How do I change the titlebar height system wide?

    On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 05:27:51 UTC, Alessandro Cantatore wrote:
    > In article <1100655662.473569@ftpsrv1>, Peter Sloan wrote:
    >
    > >How do I change the titlebar height system wide?
    > >I can use WinQuerySysValue( HWND_DESKTOP, SV_CYTITLEBAR ) to get the
    > >titlebar height but according to the help WinSetSysValue can't change
    > >this value.

    > there is no easy way to do that

    The reason is that the height of the titlebar is tied to the size of the
    mini-icon - either 16 or 20 pixels. All of the menu buttons on the title
    bar have corresponding 16 & 20 pixel versions. So, to change the height
    of all titlebars, you'd have to subclass or replace WC_MENU & WC_TITLEBAR,
    supply your own icons/bitmaps, and handle all of the positioning & drawing
    yourself. Sounds like fun...

    The only viable option if you're running at a higher resolution and want
    smaller titlebars is to install the full-featured version of SNAP. This
    will let you specify small icons. While your titlebars will be smaller,
    so will all other icons too. (I run at 1152x864 and use small icons and
    fonts precisely for this reason. IMHO, who needs fat titlebars & giant
    icons? I need screen space so I can jack up the font size and make stuff
    I want to see (i.e. text) readable.)

    --
    == == almost usable email address: rws AT e-vertise.com == ==

    | Remote Workplace Server
    Rich Walsh | interact with the WPS from any program
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/rws/rws050.zip

  5. Re: How do I change the titlebar height system wide?

    Thanks to all those that replied.
    Basically I sit on the WM_FORMATFRAME message and change the title bar
    height as well as moving the other window controls around etc.

    Thanks peter
    peterasloan at netscape dot net

+ Reply to Thread