Building CDRECORD - OS2

This is a discussion on Building CDRECORD - OS2 ; Looking through the source code of CDRECORD, available here:- ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/crecord/cdrtools-2.01.tar.gz it appears to have OS/2 support built in and ought to build on OS/2 without any problem. Has anyone managed to do this?...

  1. Building CDRECORD

    Looking through the source code of CDRECORD, available here:-

    ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/crecord/cdrtools-2.01.tar.gz

    it appears to have OS/2 support built in and ought to build on OS/2
    without any problem. Has anyone managed to do this?

  2. Re: Building CDRECORD

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:37:37 +0000, jp wrote:
    > Looking through the source code of CDRECORD, available here:-
    >
    > ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/crecord/cdrtools-2.01.tar.gz
    >
    > it appears to have OS/2 support built in and ought to build on OS/2
    > without any problem. Has anyone managed to do this?

    Presumably the folks that have posted compiled OS/2 binaries on Hobbes
    managed to compile it. Having looked at the source (fairly rustic C,
    often K&R) then there's probably no worry about it compiling. Probably
    the only issue is the transport to the aspirout driver.

    A bientot
    Paul
    --
    Paul Floyd http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)
    Surgery: ennobled Gerald.

  3. Re: Building CDRECORD

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:37:37 UTC, jp
    wrote:

    > Looking through the source code of CDRECORD, available here:-
    >
    > ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/crecord/cdrtools-2.01.tar.gz
    >
    > it appears to have OS/2 support built in and ought to build on OS/2
    > without any problem. Has anyone managed to do this?

    CDREC200.ZIP 1534098 19.01.03
    CDRecord/2 (Cdrtools) V2.00 final (GPL-freeware)
    (C) Chris Wohlgemuth 1998-2003
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/5785/
    http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting
    This is the binary distribution of the cdrtools
    package for OS/2 available at
    http://www.fokus.fhg.de/usr/schilling/cdrecord.html
    http://www.fokus.gmd.de/nthp/employees/schilling/cdre
    cord.html
    The package has the full feature set of the original
    program written by J. Schilling. There're no
    differences to cdrtools on other systems like
    Solaris,
    BSD, Linux etc. or limitations in the OS/2 version.
    The Cdrtools package can be used to create data and
    audio-cds. A PM installer is used for installation.
    Note: This archive contains the ASPI-Router V1.1 beta
    6 by P. Ratcliffe.
    Note that this driver is only included for your
    convenience. It is NOT covered by the GPL and not
    written by the author of Cdrtools or the porter to OS/2.
    See the file ASPIROUT.TXT for more information.
    Requirements: EMX runtime libraries V 0.9d Fix 4
    Should run on any 32 Bit version of OS/2.

    DVDCS124.ZIP 137574 21.01.03
    dvdcss 1.2.4 - dvdcss is part of the VideoLAN project,
    a full MPEG2 client/server solution. This is a
    port to OS/2. It is required for Warpvision to play
    encrypted DVDs. libdvdcss, a portable abstraction
    library for DVD decryption.

    CDRPDVD.ZIP 206868 30.01.03
    Cdrecord-ProDVD-Clone 2.0 (i386-pc-os2_emx)
    Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Joerg Schilling.

    CDRWIZ.ZIP 4520529 04.06.03
    CDR/RW Creator Wizard 1.0.0 beta RC7 - build 20030603
    (C) Rocco Foti 1999-2003.
    Frontend for cdrecord/2 and mkisofs/2 to creating
    Audio-CDs, Data-CDs and CopyCD in DAO or TAO mode
    and now also (S)VideoCD.

    ACDCR055.ZIP 1683589 27.06.04
    Audio/Data-CD-Creator V0.55 (GPL freeware)
    (C) Chris Wohlgemuth 1999-2004
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Sector/5785/
    http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting This version
    replaces all previous releases (V0.2 - V0.54)
    These are folder classes for the WPS which work as
    frontends for cdrecord/2, cdrdao/2 for creating of
    Audio- and Data-CDs. Just put files/folders or
    shadows of files/folders into the Creator-folder
    and press 'write'. Full WPS aware. MP3 writing
    support. MP3 encoding support. CD track encoding
    to MP3 on the fly.
    Prerequsites: -Warp 4, eCS
    -A filesystem supporting long filenames
    -EMX runtime libraries 0.9d fix4
    -MMOS2 installed
    -WPS-wizard (http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting)
    -CDRecord/2, mkisofs, cdda2wav
    (http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting=
    -optionally: z!, MMIOMP3, LAME
    Licence: This package is provided 'as is' under the
    Gnu public Licence (GPL). All files must be kept
    together. Read the file 'Copying' for further
    information.

    BATCHBRN.ZIP 73256 13.07.04
    Batchburn 1.03 for OS/2 and eCS A set of batch files
    for use with CDRECORD Freeware June 2004
    This archive file contains a set of batch files for
    simplifying the use of the freeware commandline program
    "CDRECORD". The archive file also contains DO.EXE, a
    multi-purpose commandline program, e.g. for listing
    files, searching text, showing free disk space,
    locating EXE files in the PATH environment.
    English. Freeware.
    Martin Vieregg, info2004 at hypermake.de
    http://www.hypermake.com

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

  4. Re: Building CDRECORD

    Here in comp.os.os2.setup.storage,
    "Herbert Rosenau" spake unto us, saying:

    >CDREC200.ZIP 1534098 19.01.03

    All those filenames aren't particularly useful if we don't know where
    they reside. What site are they on? It looks like a BBS listing?

    --
    -Rich Steiner >>>---> http://www.visi.com/~rsteiner >>>---> Smyrna, GA USA
    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  5. Re: Building CDRECORD

    On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 02:22:47 UTC, rsteiner@visi.com (Richard Steiner)
    wrote:

    > Here in comp.os.os2.setup.storage,
    > "Herbert Rosenau" spake unto us, saying:
    >
    > >CDREC200.ZIP 1534098 19.01.03

    > All those filenames aren't particularly useful if we don't know where
    > they reside. What site are they on? It looks like a BBS listing?

    These file are coming magically around in the GFD, the German Filde
    Distribution that uses FIDONet as delevery media. Normally the are on
    HOBBES too. You should look at netlabs.org, os2world or the home of
    Chis Wohlgemuth or simply into my mailbox:
    2:2476/493
    You can use a terminal program like ZOC:
    phone: 49-9523-502823 28.8K Modem and ISDN

    The GFD is my magic key to get all interesting files around the world
    when they gets relesead without searching around the world.

    --
    Tschau/Bye
    Herbert

  6. Re: Building CDRECORD

    Paul Floyd wrote:

    >On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:37:37 +0000, jp wrote:
    >

    >>Looking through the source code of CDRECORD, available here:-
    >>
    >>ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/crecord/cdrtools-2.01.tar.gz
    >>
    >>it appears to have OS/2 support built in and ought to build on OS/2
    >>without any problem. Has anyone managed to do this?
    >>

    >Presumably the folks that have posted compiled OS/2 binaries on Hobbes
    >managed to compile it. Having looked at the source (fairly rustic C,
    >often K&R) then there's probably no worry about it compiling. Probably
    >the only issue is the transport to the aspirout driver.

    I know that it can be built on OS/2 because there are OS/2 ports of the
    package on Hobbes fairly often. What I'd like to know is whether the
    porter just builds it straight from the original tarball or if some
    jiggery pokery is required.

    The original archive suggests that it should build on OS/2 without any
    problem, but I doesn't work for me.

    >A bientot
    >Paul

+ Reply to Thread