    You're going to have to migrate to another operating system if you
    want to remain a viable computer user. Macs are cheaper than Windows
    and here's why: What are eight financial reasons?

    #1 - Better Value Proposition
    #2 - Lower Support Costs
    #3 - More Productivity
    #4 - Macs Last Longer
    #5 - Mac OS X Is More Secure
    #6 - Easy Administration
    #7 - License Costs
    #8 - Mac - Windows Mixture Reduces Costs

    and more! http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/c..._than_windows/

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  2. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Saturday 29 September 2007 21:03, © The OS/2 Guy ©
    wrote:

    > You're going to have to migrate to another operating system if you
    > want to remain a viable computer user. *Macs are cheaper than Windows
    > and here's why: *What are eight financial reasons?
    >
    > #1 - Better Value Proposition
    > #2 - Lower Support Costs
    > #3 - More Productivity
    > #4 - Macs Last Longer
    > #5 - Mac OS X Is More Secure
    > #6 - Easy Administration
    > #7 - License Costs
    > #8 - Mac - Windows Mixture Reduces Costs
    >
    > and more!

    http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/c..._than_windows/

    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

    I've been out of it, and appear to have missed an important change of
    state in the condition of the galaxy. If this schmuck is now promoting
    Mac hardware and Mac operating systems, why is he still "The OS/2 Guy"?
    Is it because there is already a "The Mac Guy" and a "The OS X Guy",
    and he mustn't muscle in on their turf? And why is the wabsite
    still "warpcity"? Is Apple warped too? Or is it only Timmy that is
    bent?

    When did he become "Dr.", which he never bragged about in times of yore?
    Leaving aside the vexed question of whether the title is based on
    anything, has he claimed to be a doctor of anything in particular? Or
    is he a doctorial generalist?

    The world goes by so fast anymore.....
    --
    Stan Goodman
    QiryatTiv'on

  3. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    Tim probably posted in the OS/2 newsgroup by mistake.
    I am sure he wanted to post it in a Windows newsgroup.
    I already asked him two of your questions (see other subject on OSX and
    Bootcamp).
    I don't care if he is a doctor, moonrocket scientist or dishwasher, as
    long as he contributes in a positive manner to the OS/2 community.

    Reinoud.

    Stan Goodman wrote:
    > On Saturday 29 September 2007 21:03, The OS/2 Guy
    > wrote:
    >
    >> You're going to have to migrate to another operating system if you
    >> want to remain a viable computer user. Macs are cheaper than Windows
    >> and here's why: What are eight financial reasons?
    >>
    >> #1 - Better Value Proposition
    >> #2 - Lower Support Costs
    >> #3 - More Productivity
    >> #4 - Macs Last Longer
    >> #5 - Mac OS X Is More Secure
    >> #6 - Easy Administration
    >> #7 - License Costs
    >> #8 - Mac - Windows Mixture Reduces Costs
    >>
    >> and more!
    >>

    > http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/c..._than_windows/
    >> Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    >> Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

    > I've been out of it, and appear to have missed an important change of
    > state in the condition of the galaxy. If this schmuck is now promoting
    > Mac hardware and Mac operating systems, why is he still "The OS/2 Guy"?
    > Is it because there is already a "The Mac Guy" and a "The OS X Guy",
    > and he mustn't muscle in on their turf? And why is the wabsite
    > still "warpcity"? Is Apple warped too? Or is it only Timmy that is
    > bent?
    >
    > When did he become "Dr.", which he never bragged about in times of yore?
    > Leaving aside the vexed question of whether the title is based on
    > anything, has he claimed to be a doctor of anything in particular? Or
    > is he a doctorial generalist?
    >
    > The world goes by so fast anymore.....

  4. [FUD4] Trolls are stupid [Was: Macs are cheaper than Windows]

    On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 20:33:33 UTC, Stan Goodman
    wrote:

    ->
    -> I've been out of it, and appear to have missed an important change of
    -> state in the condition of the galaxy.

    Hello Stan, How are you doing these days. Nothing new in the real
    world, except a new release of eComStation 2.0 is in the offing. RC2
    has been out for a month or so. Has bootable JFS and ACPI support for
    running those new-fangled dual core machines. Other then that not
    much else.

    -> If this schmuck is now promoting
    -> Mac hardware and Mac operating systems, why is he still "The OS/2 Guy"?
    -> Is it because there is already a "The Mac Guy" and a "The OS X Guy",
    -> and he mustn't muscle in on their turf? And why is the wabsite
    -> still "warpcity"? Is Apple warped too? Or is it only Timmy that is
    -> bent?

    Perhaps he's too retarded to figure out a new name? His completely
    worthless site is still run on Linux and registered to chauvet. I
    wonder if timmy is really larry's boyfriend. It would explain the
    past posts from HUD and the two actually being different real people.
    tough to tell though with all the pastsockpupets. I guess this
    demonstrates there can be scumbag gays just like there are scumbag
    straights. He disappeared for a while but the loon is back. Only
    difference is he is pretending to be a Mac fanatic now, sort of like
    he pretended to be an OS/2 one.

    ->
    -> When did he become "Dr.", which he never bragged about in times of yore?
    -> Leaving aside the vexed question of whether the title is based on
    -> anything, has he claimed to be a doctor of anything in particular? Or
    -> is he a doctorial generalist?

    He has claimed to be a physician. He's still a liar. There is no
    such person licensed to practice medicine in California. Said he went
    to medical school for 8 years. Nor under any of his other aliases.
    That must have been a school for the mentally challenged as all real
    medical schools are 4 year programs with all residency/fellowship
    programs being post-doctoral. Anything is possible as I have known
    some insane doctors, but they are usually pretty bright, and that is
    definitely not the psychotroll. He's just a pathetic, delusional,
    lying troll.

    -> The world goes by so fast anymore.....

    When responding to this or any other troll (though ost of the old
    standbys have disappeared or semi-reformed their habits), its best not
    to quote the garbage he spews so others don't have to read it. Also
    please put [FUD4] in the subject. Best of all to just ignore the
    nitwit.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.warpstock.eu

  5. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 29, 1:33 pm, Stan Goodman wrote:

    > I've been out of it, and appear to have missed an important change of
    > state in the condition of the galaxy.

    Well, you have been out of it Stan. For more years than many of us
    want to think about. I see you've dropped OS/2 and moved to Microsoft
    so the information I've provided for you here regarding how Macs are
    cheaper than Windows is relevant to you. What isn't relevant to this
    newsgroup is your new choice of operating systems, Windows. After so
    many years using OS/2 the question begs to be asked: why on earth
    would you cave in and move to a Microsoft operating system?

    As an older man, now - what, in your late 60's? - I suppose you found
    yourself unhappy with the way Serenity treated so many within the OS/2
    community and simply decided it wasn't worth your time or effort or
    the additional cash to follow the "eCS" path. We commend you for that
    but we condemn you for kneeling at the feet of Bill Gates and handing
    your wallet over to Microsoft.

    Still, it isn't too late for you. Go here and read the article on how
    and why Macs are cheaper than Windows. Here, let me give you the link
    again: http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/c..._than_windows/

    And Stan, I do feel sorry for you. It must be hell working with a
    Windows operating system.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  6. [FUD4] Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sunday 30 September 2007 03:26, © The OS/2 Guy ©
    wrote:

    > On Sep 29, 1:33 pm, Stan Goodman wrote:
    >>
    >> I've been out of it, and appear to have missed an important change of
    >> state in the condition of the galaxy.

    > Well, you have been out of it Stan. For more years than many of us
    > want to think about. I see you've dropped OS/2 and moved to Microsoft
    > so the information I've provided for you here regarding how Macs are
    > cheaper than Windows is relevant to you. What isn't relevant to this
    > newsgroup is your new choice of operating systems, Windows. After so
    > many years using OS/2 the question begs to be asked: why on earth
    > would you cave in and move to a Microsoft operating system?

    Please point out to me where you found the information that I have
    switched to Windows. Better yet, please confess that your
    reading-comprehension skilled are standard for Grade 2; nowhere will
    you find mention or indirect clue of Windows or Microsoft in my
    message. A good clue to the level of your intellect is your conclusion
    that !OS/2 = Windows.

    As has been pointed out in this thread (which was originated by you) you
    started it all by mistakenly posting here what can only be understood
    as a one-buttocked pitch to Windows users. Why do you care what OS
    somebody else uses? Get a life, as you have been advised here many
    times.

    > As an older man, now - what, in your late 60's? - I suppose you found
    > yourself unhappy with the way Serenity treated so many within the OS/2
    > community and simply decided it wasn't worth your time or effort or
    > the additional cash to follow the "eCS" path. We commend you for that
    > but we condemn you for kneeling at the feet of Bill Gates and handing
    > your wallet over to Microsoft.

    In June I will be 80 (I am shooting for 120). What is my age to you, you
    pismire, any more than my use of software?

    I never had any complaint with Serenity or with eCS; quite the opposite.
    I don't think anyone else has either, with the sole exception of your
    self. Doesn't that tell you something?

    > Still, it isn't too late for you. Go here and read the article on how
    > and why Macs are cheaper than Windows. Here, let me give you the link
    > again:

    http://mac360.com/index.php/mac360/c..._than_windows/

    > And Stan, I do feel sorry for you. It must be hell working with a
    > Windows operating system.

    And I feel very sorry for you, "doctor". It must be Hell to have ****
    for brains. What a pompous pain in the posterior.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  7. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    I'm sure we all appreciate Tim's great contributions to this newsgroup.

    If it weren't for Tim, how else would we get truckloads of information
    that is relevant and usefull to absolutely nobody here?

    So, congradulations Tim - for more than a decade, you've been the #1 service
    provider for useless information services.

    (feel free to use that last line on your resume)

  8. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 30, 5:25 am, Stan Goodman wrote:

    > And I feel very sorry for you, "doctor". It must be Hell to have ****
    > for brains. What a pompous pain in the posterior.

    This is the typical bitter attitude of the OS/2 user today. Isn't it
    sad? Luckily for the rest of us, in this case, we can write if off as
    the disjointed ramblings of a very old man. Someone take him by the
    hand and lead him home. It is obvious he is lost.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  9. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 30, 5:44 am, "dinkmeister" wrote:

    > I'm sure we all appreciate Tim's great contributions to this newsgroup.

    Thanks Dink. I try to do my best.

    > If it weren't for Tim, how else would we get truckloads of information
    > that is relevant and usefull to absolutely nobody here?

    For those of you with limited educations it will be irrelevant because
    you won't understand it. But for those above the 5th grade level it
    is quite relevant.

    > So, congradulations

    [Sic]

    > Tim - for more than a decade, you've been the #1 service
    > provider for useless information services.

    One of the very nice things about OSX and the many applications
    available for the OS is the built-in spell and grammar checkers.
    Those two features would be a great help to you Dink. Unfortunately
    I'm not sure you grasp the importance of spelling and grammar.

    BTW Dink, do you even know what a resume is?

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  10. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sunday 30 September 2007 16:48, © The OS/2 Guy ©
    wrote:

    > On Sep 30, 5:25 am, Stan Goodman wrote:
    >>
    >> And I feel very sorry for you, "doctor". It must be Hell to have ****
    >> for brains. What a pompous pain in the posterior.

    > This is the typical bitter attitude of the OS/2 user today. Isn't it
    > sad? Luckily for the rest of us, in this case, we can write if off as
    > the disjointed ramblings of a very old man. Someone take him by the
    > hand and lead him home. It is obvious he is lost.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

    I see that I hit a nerve; the above are the desperate maunderings of a
    social misfit, who has such a low opinion of his worth (doubtlessly
    well based on the opinions of those who know him) that he needs to
    create the similitude of worth by intruding into places where he is
    neither needed nor wanted. By faking an assumed importance, of course,
    you make it even more obvious to your victims that you are the phoney
    that you are. A case in point is your frenzy to act the bigshot by
    promoting an operating system that is irrelevant here, and which seems
    to be doing quite well on the securities markets even without your
    ministrations, and which has even less need for your assistance than we
    do here.

    Actually, believe it or not, I have pretty much all my mental faculties
    (while you appear to have virtually none at all, at least on the moral
    level). I also still read the newspaper and drive my car without
    glasses (I own only sunglasses); you, apparently, are unable to read
    plain English without inserting into it "facts" that aren't there. Best
    of all, my memory, both long and short term) is intact. For example, I
    recall that you called me a liar, publicly, in these newsgroups, some
    years ago, although I am proud to have conducted my already long life
    quite successfully witout lying. The term you bandy about so freely,
    with me and others, is libelous; in my religious tradition, it is
    compared to murder, because it is an attempt to destroy a victim's
    reputation (and often much more). That you use it so thoughtlessly and
    without cause is an index of your moral rot.

    How about your own level of integrity? For example, would you like to
    tell us the nature of your doctoral degree? What field is it in? Where
    did you acquire the degree? Some of us would like to check your alumni-
    or professional credentials, to allay lingering doubts that the "Dr" is
    merely another manifestation of your ever fraudulent persona.
    Professional and academic qualifications are generally registered with
    a legal authority or professional society -- I have certificates and
    registrations about mine, do you? If you present yourself with a
    prestigious title, you really must back it up -- that's only fair.

    "Doctor", you are a very, very sick man. That is not hyperbole. You
    _need_ help -- much more than the ersatz attention that you go to so
    much trouble and effort to achieve.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  11. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    There is always title inflation. Maybe President for Life? Even he
    may be an improvement over what Zimbabwe currently has, as well as the
    upcoming vacancy in Cuba.

  12. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 30, 11:00 am, Stan Goodman wrote:

    > "Doctor", you are a very, very sick man. That is not hyperbole. You
    > _need_ help -- much more than the ersatz attention that you go to so
    > much trouble and effort to achieve.

    Stan, have you thought about a rest home and a special nurse?
    Obviously you need something for the dementia - it happens to all old
    people. You are making an absolute fool of yourself here.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  13. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sunday 30 September 2007 21:46, © The OS2 Guy ©
    wrote:

    > On Sep 30, 11:00 am, Stan Goodman wrote:
    >
    >> "Doctor", you are a very, very sick man. That is not hyperbole. You
    >> _need_ help -- much more than the ersatz attention that you go to so
    >> much trouble and effort to achieve.

    > Stan, have you thought about a rest home and a special nurse?
    > Obviously you need something for the dementia - it happens to all old
    > people. You are making an absolute fool of yourself here.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

    _I_ am making a fool of myself? Imbecile. You have been the butt of
    jokes here since deep in the previous millennium.

    You are even stupider than I thought. Don't change the subject, and
    don't waste our time further -- come across with the doctoral
    credentials. Or alternatively, confess that you are a liar and fraud.

    Changing the subject to my doddering condition will not make anybody
    here forget that you refused to show evidence of what you claim to be.
    Perhaps one of the wags here will enquire if it is illegal in
    California to hold oneself out as a "doctor" without any academic
    basis. Perhaps you might be better advised to start styling yourself
    as "Colonel" instead. In a pinch, you could start frying short order
    chickens, and you would avoid the risk of having to show your many
    degrees in court.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    QiryatTiv'on

  14. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 30, 1:55 pm, Stan Goodman wrote:

    > _I_ am making a fool of myself?

    Quite so, Stan, quite so.

    I make points by the number of responses I can generate. You just
    keep filling my coffer. Thank you for your continued support.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  15. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 30, 1:55 pm, Stan Goodman wrote:

    > _I_ am making a fool of myself?

    Quite so, Stan, quite so.

    I make points by the number of responses I can generate. You just
    keep filling my coffer. Thank you for your continued support.

    Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy

  16. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    lol

    :
[...]

  17. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    wrote:

    > On Sep 30, 1:55 pm, Stan Goodman wrote:
    >>
    >> I am making a fool of myself?

    > Quite so, Stan, quite so.
    >
    > I make points by the number of responses I can generate. *You just
    > keep filling my coffer. *Thank you for your continued support.
    >
    > Dr. Tim Martin, The OS/2 Guy
    > Warp City Web Site - http://www.warpcity.com

    Salaries at HUD must be very low.

    It doesn't bother me especially that you have scrounged some small
    change because of our conversation, although this is the last time I
    will contribute. Much more interesting is that you have, in the most
    obvious way possible, admitted publicly that you are a liar, in
    choosing this moment to avoid explaining your spurious academic title.
    Not that anybody here ever thought you were anything more than scum.

    If I find time, I may drop a line to Apple. They may be interested in
    learning that they are paying you for offending people in order to rack
    up their responses, and then submitting these as though they
    are "marketing inquiries" in answer to your pro-Mac campaign. Apple may
    regard what you are doing as cheating at their expense; they may also
    wonder how many friends you are making here for Apple by doing so. Who
    can tell?

    My late father, upon discovering that a person with whom he had had some
    incidental business had a moral level similar to yours, shrugged and
    remarked that nobody can get away with being a low-life forever, and
    that, sooner or later, the man would wind up being found floating face
    down in the river. So we both have something to look forward to.

    Out.
    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  18. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Sep 29, 6:26 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:

    > It must be hell working with a Windows operating system.

    Not if you're competent.

    Curtis

  19. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    cmbass_us@yahoo.com wrote:
    > On Sep 29, 6:26 pm, The OS/2 Guy wrote:
    >
    >> It must be hell working with a Windows operating system.

    > Not if you're competent.
    >

    > Curtis

    That is not something that Timmy has ever been accused of being.

  20. Re: Macs are cheaper than Windows

    On Wednesday 03 October 2007 03:32, Andy Willis
    wrote:

    > cmbass_us@yahoo.com wrote:
    >> On Sep 29, 6:26 pm, © The OS/2 Guy © wrote:
    >>
    >>> It must be hell working with a Windows operating system.

    >> Not if you're competent.
    >>

    >> Curtis
    >>

    > That is not something that Timmy has ever been accused of being.

    That's disrespectful. DOCTOR Timmy, please. Slime ball that he is, you
    have to give him his correct title.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on