How to set up dumpfs ? - OS2

This is a discussion on How to set up dumpfs ? - OS2 ; Hallo, is there any readme or explanation how I have to set up dumpfs ? 1.) What is file os2dump.hd good for ? Is this supposed to replace os2dump in the root directory ? If yes, will it work on ...

  1. How to set up dumpfs ?

    Hallo,

    is there any readme or explanation how I have to set up dumpfs ?

    1.) What is file os2dump.hd good for ? Is this supposed to replace
    os2dump in the root directory ? If yes, will it work on LVM enabled
    systems ? Will it work on NON-LVM enabled systems ?
    2.) Does the dump partition still have to be FAT16 ?
    3.) Does it have to be named SADUMP ?
    4.) Can it start whereever it wants or does it have to be entirely below
    the 8 GB limit (or any other limit) ?
    5.) Not directly related: does anyone know of a simple way to reduce a
    partition to make room for a dump partition ?

    Thanks for any help,

    Lars

  2. Re: How to set up dumpfs ?

    On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:18:37 UTC, Lars Erdmann wrote:

    > is there any readme or explanation how I have to set up dumpfs ?

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ea149509a9eaa6

    is all I'm aware of, barring other comments from time to time on
    c.o.o.bugs.

    > 2.) Does the dump partition still have to be FAT16 ?

    I think the idea is that it has to be dumpfs instead.

    > 3.) Does it have to be named SADUMP ?

    Scott once said: not as far as he remembered.

    > 5.) Not directly related: does anyone know of a simple way to reduce a
    > partition to make room for a dump partition ?

    Possibly DFSee could help you.

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Please take off hat when replying.

  3. Re: How to set up dumpfs ?

    Alex Taylor schrieb:
    > On Sat, 8 Sep 2007 11:18:37 UTC, Lars Erdmann wrote:
    >
    >> is there any readme or explanation how I have to set up dumpfs ?

    > http://groups.google.com/group/comp....ea149509a9eaa6
    >
    > is all I'm aware of, barring other comments from time to time on
    > c.o.o.bugs.
    >

    >> 2.) Does the dump partition still have to be FAT16 ?

    > I think the idea is that it has to be dumpfs instead.
    >

    >> 3.) Does it have to be named SADUMP ?

    > Scott once said: not as far as he remembered.
    >

    >> 5.) Not directly related: does anyone know of a simple way to reduce a
    >> partition to make room for a dump partition ?

    > Possibly DFSee could help you.

    Thanks for you help !

    Lars

+ Reply to Thread