Peer & M$ Vista - OS2

This is a discussion on Peer & M$ Vista - OS2 ; Is it possible to made M$ vista to see a Peer (NETBEUI) network? I did try to install the NETBEUI for XP but the thing hangs :-( Piersante...

  1. Peer & M$ Vista

    Is it possible to made M$ vista to see a Peer (NETBEUI) network?
    I did try to install the NETBEUI for XP but the thing hangs :-(

    Piersante

  2. Re: Peer & M$ Vista

    Sir:

    piesse wrote:
    > Is it possible to made M$ vista to see a Peer (NETBEUI) network?
    > I did try to install the NETBEUI for XP but the thing hangs :-(

    It should be possible, but you have to remember that the OS/2 version of
    SMB is about 2.x and Vista is over 5.x. You'll need to look up the
    how-to on MS site to enable backwards compatibility with Lan Manager.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  3. Re: Peer & M$ Vista

    I connected a Vista labtop to my eCS system using the PEER network and could
    see and transfer files. Network protocols on eCS side were as installed by
    default in beta 3:

    netbios
    netbios over tcpip
    tcip

    Vista was the home edition

    Don't know if this helps

    Keith

    card gad Vista had the without problems
    "piesse" wrote in message
    > Is it possible to made M$ vista to see a Peer (NETBEUI) network?
    > I did try to install the NETBEUI for XP but the thing hangs :-(
    >
    > Piersante

+ Reply to Thread