OS/2 and other "cults" - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 and other "cults" - OS2 ; Percival P. Cassidy wrote: > Saw a car registration the other day that reminded me of the one on my > old Velocette motorcycle over 40 years ago, and I recalled that > Velocette ownership was considered to be somewhat ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

  1. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > Saw a car registration the other day that reminded me of the one on my
    > old Velocette motorcycle over 40 years ago, and I recalled that
    > Velocette ownership was considered to be somewhat "cultish" then (why
    > ride a Norton or a Triumph, or -- I shudder to mention it -- some
    > Italian or Japanese piece of junk when one could ride a classic British
    > -- despite the name -- motorcycle with character?), just as the use of
    > OS/2 seems to be considered now.
    >
    > So it occurred to me to wonder whether many of us "OS/2 cultists" are
    > members of other "cults" (not in the religious sense) too.

    Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    I AM NOT A NUMBER...!

  2. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:43:34 -0700 in comp.os.os2.misc,
    Marty spake unto us, saying:

    > Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    I'm a Rover fan, personally. :-)

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  3. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:43:34 UTC, Marty
    wrote:

    > Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    > > Saw a car registration the other day that reminded me of the one on my
    > > old Velocette motorcycle over 40 years ago, and I recalled that
    > > Velocette ownership was considered to be somewhat "cultish" then (why
    > > ride a Norton or a Triumph, or -- I shudder to mention it -- some
    > > Italian or Japanese piece of junk when one could ride a classic British
    > > -- despite the name -- motorcycle with character?), just as the use of
    > > OS/2 seems to be considered now.
    > >
    > > So it occurred to me to wonder whether many of us "OS/2 cultists" are
    > > members of other "cults" (not in the religious sense) too.

    > Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)
    >
    > I AM NOT A NUMBER...!

    Marty,
    Are you of the "cult" that thinks that Number 6 is John Drake?

    --
    "What do you mean there's no movie?"

  4. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    Marty writes:

    > Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    That would be telling.

  5. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    CountFloyd@MonsterChillerHorrorTheater.com wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:43:34 UTC, Marty
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
    >>
    >>>Saw a car registration the other day that reminded me of the one on my
    >>>old Velocette motorcycle over 40 years ago, and I recalled that
    >>>Velocette ownership was considered to be somewhat "cultish" then (why
    >>>ride a Norton or a Triumph, or -- I shudder to mention it -- some
    >>>Italian or Japanese piece of junk when one could ride a classic British
    >>>-- despite the name -- motorcycle with character?), just as the use of
    >>>OS/2 seems to be considered now.
    >>>
    >>>So it occurred to me to wonder whether many of us "OS/2 cultists" are
    >>>members of other "cults" (not in the religious sense) too.

    >>Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)
    >>
    >>I AM NOT A NUMBER...!

    > Marty,
    > Are you of the "cult" that thinks that Number 6 is John Drake?

    No. I believe him when he says it is a different character. And I
    actually like the series better with the perspective that he never has a
    name.

  6. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    tholen@antispam.ham wrote:
    > Marty writes:
    >
    >>Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    > That would be telling.

    I want information.

  7. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:43:34 -0700 in comp.os.os2.misc,
    > Marty spake unto us, saying:
    >
    >>Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    > I'm a Rover fan, personally. :-)

    right? I never saw the series when it originally aired, and there is
    some debate as to the production order. I was wondering if this
    continuity issue was more clear to the original viewer.

    Certainly would be nice to just be able to declare an "ORANGE ALERT"
    whenever you had some trouble with somebody. :-)

  8. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"

    Marty writes:

    >>> Show of hands for Patrick McGoohan fans?? :-)

    >> That would be telling.

    > I want information.

    "You won't get it."

  9. Re: OS/2 and other "cults"