[Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80 - OS2

This is a discussion on [Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80 - OS2 ; New versions of my ini maintenance utilities, Iconomize and FPos (v0.80) are now available. Both are maintenance updates that take advantage of the improved stability and reliability provided by the latest release of Remote Workplace Server, RWS08. FPos ---- Have ...

  1. [Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80

    New versions of my ini maintenance utilities, Iconomize and FPos
    (v0.80) are now available. Both are maintenance updates that take
    advantage of the improved stability and reliability provided by the
    latest release of Remote Workplace Server, RWS08.

    FPos
    ----
    Have you ever wondered why checkini reports "folder position for
    non-folder object"? Have you ever wondered what all those entries
    under PM_Workplace:FolderPos were for? FPos answers these questions.
    Once you know what theu do, you'll probably want to delete most of
    them. Using FPos to clean up this entry can reduce the size of your
    os2.ini quite considerably.

    Iconomize
    ---------
    This unique tool lets you eliminate the single largest source of
    bloat in os2.ini: duplicate icon data. If you haven't used it
    before, running Iconomize just once can reduce the size of your
    os2.ini anywhere from 10% to 25%.

    You can get thses freeware utils from hobbes:

    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=fpos080.zip
    http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...onomize080.zip

    or from:

    http://e-vertise.com/rws/fpos080.zip
    http://e-vertise.com/rws/iconomize080.zip

    --
    == == almost usable email address: rich AT e-vertise.com == ==

    | Cameraderie v1.5
    Rich Walsh | an organizer & downloader for your digital camera
    Ft Myers, FL | http://e-vertise.com/misc/camera15.zip

  2. Re: [Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80

    (Reposted: tech reasons.)

    Thanks for the continuing OS/2 work, Rich.
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  3. Re: [Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80

    Rich Walsh wrote:
    > New versions of my ini maintenance utilities, Iconomize and FPos
    > (v0.80) are now available. Both are maintenance updates that take
    > advantage of the improved stability and reliability provided by the
    > latest release of Remote Workplace Server, RWS08.
    >
    > FPos
    > ----
    > Have you ever wondered why checkini reports "folder position for
    > non-folder object"? Have you ever wondered what all those entries
    > under PM_Workplace:FolderPos were for? FPos answers these questions.
    > Once you know what theu do, you'll probably want to delete most of
    > them. Using FPos to clean up this entry can reduce the size of your
    > os2.ini quite considerably.
    >
    > Iconomize
    > ---------
    > This unique tool lets you eliminate the single largest source of
    > bloat in os2.ini: duplicate icon data. If you haven't used it
    > before, running Iconomize just once can reduce the size of your
    > os2.ini anywhere from 10% to 25%.
    >
    > You can get thses freeware utils from hobbes:
    >
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-search?key=fpos080.zip
    > http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/cgi-bin/h-sea...onomize080.zip
    >
    > or from:
    >
    > http://e-vertise.com/rws/fpos080.zip
    > http://e-vertise.com/rws/iconomize080.zip

    These works of art belong with everybody's WPS!

  4. Re: [Update] Iconomize v0.80 & FPos v0.80

    On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 22:34:33 UTC, "Rich Walsh"
    wrote:

    > New versions of my ini maintenance utilities, Iconomize and FPos
    > (v0.80) are now available. Both are maintenance updates that take
    > advantage of the improved stability and reliability provided by the
    > latest release of Remote Workplace Server, RWS08.

    Thanks Rich, my .ini file shrank very nicely. What great utilities
    --
    Bill Scarlett
    in the West Riding of Yorkshire. U.K.

+ Reply to Thread