Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15? - OS2

This is a discussion on Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15? - OS2 ; My ISP has implemented a new "web" e-mail UI that runs as a Java applet in Firefox 1.5.0.12, but it doesn't run with the very old version of Java that I have here: JAVA.EXE version "JDK 1.0.1 IBM build os2-19960628" ...

  1. Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15?

    My ISP has implemented a new "web" e-mail UI that runs as a Java applet
    in Firefox 1.5.0.12, but it doesn't run with the very old version of
    Java that I have here:

    JAVA.EXE version "JDK 1.0.1 IBM build os2-19960628"

    Which newer versions of Java will work under vanilla Warp 4 FP15?

    The Innotek runtime apparently required by their newst Java variant
    says FP16 is a minimum requirement, and that was not made publically
    available (and hence isn't on this box).

    Thanks for any pointers!

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

  2. Re: Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > My ISP has implemented a new "web" e-mail UI that runs as a Java applet
    > in Firefox 1.5.0.12, but it doesn't run with the very old version of
    > Java that I have here:
    >
    > JAVA.EXE version "JDK 1.0.1 IBM build os2-19960628"
    >
    > Which newer versions of Java will work under vanilla Warp 4 FP15?
    >
    > The Innotek runtime apparently required by their newst Java variant
    > says FP16 is a minimum requirement, and that was not made publically
    > available (and hence isn't on this box).
    >
    > Thanks for any pointers!

    I suppose the earliest recommended java version would be 1.1.8. Version
    1.0.x had a different event model which could be a source of problems.
    However, the email UI may have more recent requirements, you will need
    to look into that.

    Regards
    Peter

  3. Re: Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15?

    Richard Steiner wrote:
    > My ISP has implemented a new "web" e-mail UI that runs as a Java applet
    > in Firefox 1.5.0.12, but it doesn't run with the very old version of
    > Java that I have here:
    >
    > JAVA.EXE version "JDK 1.0.1 IBM build os2-19960628"
    >
    > Which newer versions of Java will work under vanilla Warp 4 FP15?
    >
    > The Innotek runtime apparently required by their newst Java variant
    > says FP16 is a minimum requirement, and that was not made publically
    > available (and hence isn't on this box).
    >
    > Thanks for any pointers!

    The Innotek version should run fine on FP15, it is just unsupported.
    Also it doesn't make to many system changes (mostly the registry IIRC)
    so should be easy to back out.
    Dave

  4. Re: Which versions of Java will work under Warp 4 FP15?

    Here in comp.os.os2.misc,
    Dave Yeo spake unto us, saying:

    >Richard Steiner wrote:
    >
    >> The Innotek runtime apparently required by their newst Java variant
    >> says FP16 is a minimum requirement, and that was not made publically
    >> available (and hence isn't on this box).
    >>
    >> Thanks for any pointers!

    >The Innotek version should run fine on FP15, it is just unsupported.

    Ah. I don't care much about support. :-) Thanks!

    >Also it doesn't make to many system changes (mostly the registry IIRC)
    >so should be easy to back out.

    I'll be taking partition snapshots before the installation so backing
    out doesn't concern me all that much, but thanks for the info just the
    same.

    The Theorem Theorem: If If, Then Then.

+ Reply to Thread