Broadband wireless with OS/2? - OS2

This is a discussion on Broadband wireless with OS/2? - OS2 ; Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be made to work with OS/2? It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to work on. Considering that systems like ...

  1. Broadband wireless with OS/2?

    Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be
    made to work with OS/2?

    It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to
    work on. Considering that systems like version are raising their rates
    again for DSL, I'd be willing to pay $50 for a driver that let me use a
    Sprint wireless card and the service (or maybe another service) with
    OS2...

  2. Re: Broadband wireless with OS/2?

    OS/2 world and netlabs are always looking for pledges to do specific driver
    work and some have been accomplished. You might try them.
    Matt W.

    On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:00:02 GMT, letorured@nospam.net wrote:

    >Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be
    >made to work with OS/2?
    >
    >It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to
    >work on. Considering that systems like version are raising their rates
    >again for DSL, I'd be willing to pay $50 for a driver that let me use a
    >Sprint wireless card and the service (or maybe another service) with
    >OS2...

    Matt Walsh Rio Rancho, NM
    OS/2 Outpost....................
    Computin' & Shootin in the dust.................

  3. Re: Broadband wireless with OS/2?

    In , on 06/30/2007

    at 09:23 AM, "Matt Walsh" said:

    >OS/2 world and netlabs are always looking for pledges to do specific
    >driver work and some have been accomplished. You might try them.
    >Matt W.

    Thank you. I'll check them out.

    >On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:00:02 GMT, letorured@nospam.net wrote:

    >>Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be
    >>made to work with OS/2?
    >>
    >>It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to
    >>work on. Considering that systems like version are raising their rates
    >>again for DSL, I'd be willing to pay $50 for a driver that let me use a
    >>Sprint wireless card and the service (or maybe another service) with
    >>OS2...
    >>

    >Matt Walsh Rio Rancho, NM
    >OS/2 Outpost....................
    >Computin' & Shootin in the dust.................

  4. Re: Broadband wireless with OS/2?

    letorured@nospam.net wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be
    > made to work with OS/2?
    >
    > It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to
    > work on. Considering that systems like version are raising their rates
    > again for DSL, I'd be willing to pay $50 for a driver that let me use a
    > Sprint wireless card and the service (or maybe another service) with
    > OS2...

    The Lenovo Thinkpad X61 models come with built-in Sprint or ATT; but not
    both in one model. This is the latest in their small-sized notebooks.

    But, I've never heard of any OS/2 specific software for this type of
    connection. So, paying for that feature is not worth it to me. I am
    still considering Lenono's Thinkpad X61s models.

  5. Re: Broadband wireless with OS/2?

    In <469444ba$1@kcnews01>, on 07/10/2007
    at 07:48 PM, Nobody said:

    >letorured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> Does anyone know if there are any broadband wireless systems that can be
    >> made to work with OS/2?
    >>
    >> It would seem like a opening for someone who wants to make a few bucks to
    >> work on. Considering that systems like version are raising their rates
    >> again for DSL, I'd be willing to pay $50 for a driver that let me use a
    >> Sprint wireless card and the service (or maybe another service) with
    >> OS2...
    >>

    >The Lenovo Thinkpad X61 models come with built-in Sprint or ATT; but not
    >both in one model. This is the latest in their small-sized notebooks.

    >But, I've never heard of any OS/2 specific software for this type of
    >connection. So, paying for that feature is not worth it to me. I am
    >still considering Lenono's Thinkpad X61s models.

    I saw Verizon or AT&T. Not sprint in the listings. I'll cjeck again.
    The wireless cards add $30 to cost. Its minimal. Its not even special
    software that is needed. These things are basically a network card.

    I'm also surprised that there are no bluetooth drivers for hardware that
    will work with OS2. With that (and linux has had it for sometime), a user
    could connect to the internet with a cell phone at close to broadband
    speed. With sprint that cost is $15 per month. A hell of a lot cheaper
    then Verizon DSL and more useful.

    ....and I'm not sure there is a video driver that will work with the X61.

+ Reply to Thread