Booting Netvista N2200(8363) from WSOD server - OS2

This is a discussion on Booting Netvista N2200(8363) from WSOD server - OS2 ; Hi, I am trying to boot netvista 8363 thin client from Workspace On Demand server. Base is OS/2 V3 + Server 5.0 + WSOD 2.0 I have installed all latests fixpaks on: Base OS, Server, MPTS, TCP/IP(MPTS and TCPIP from ...

  1. Booting Netvista N2200(8363) from WSOD server

    Hi,

    I am trying to boot netvista 8363 thin client from Workspace On
    Demand server. Base is OS/2 V3 + Server 5.0 + WSOD 2.0 I have installed
    all latests fixpaks on: Base OS, Server, MPTS, TCP/IP(MPTS and TCPIP
    from ACP2 + fixes). Problem is that when I turn on 8363 and it starts
    DHCP discover DHCP Server dies immediately no trace in DHCP server logs
    at all it just fades away. Anyone seen this? What might be probable
    cause? I have booted Fujitsu Futro B210 client from this server many
    times so it cant be mis configured server. Only setting I have changed
    is Mac address of client in server config files.

    Tero

  2. Re: Booting Netvista N2200(8363) from WSOD server

    On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:19:53 GMT, Tero Kaarlela
    wrote:
    > I am trying to boot netvista 8363 thin client from Workspace On
    > Demand server. Base is OS/2 V3 + Server 5.0 + WSOD 2.0 I have installed
    > all latests fixpaks on: Base OS, Server, MPTS, TCP/IP(MPTS and TCPIP
    > from ACP2 + fixes). Problem is that when I turn on 8363 and it starts
    > DHCP discover DHCP Server dies immediately no trace in DHCP server logs
    > at all it just fades away. Anyone seen this? What might be probable
    > cause? I have booted Fujitsu Futro B210 client from this server many
    > times so it cant be mis configured server. Only setting I have changed
    > is Mac address of client in server config files.

    Can you activate DHCP client logging? Does LANTRAN report anything
    interesting? It sounds as though TCP/IP may not be bound properly...

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  3. Re: Booting Netvista N2200(8363) from WSOD server

    By adding some more logging options to server I see following:

    Client action: Nsupdate -f XXXXXX
    Client action: Nsupdate -f XXXXXX
    Terminate: Server stopped and returned 0

    I think N2200 was intented for booting only from Networkstation manager
    server(that servers IBM's proprietary version of Netbsd) and does some
    "funky stuff". I disabled DHCP on client and used static IP's but then
    I get "unsupported boot file type" meaning this thing only accepts ELF
    binary or some sort of binary image(containing WinCE) as a boot image so
    N2200 is completely useless for me since I am intending to boot OS/2 and
    WinNT40 from Server. So I need to buy some other thin clients. IBM 8364
    (Nvista2800) would be nice in all other ways but its too big physically.

    Tero

    Alex Taylor wrote:
    > On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 03:19:53 GMT, Tero Kaarlela
    > wrote:
    >> I am trying to boot netvista 8363 thin client from Workspace On
    >> Demand server. Base is OS/2 V3 + Server 5.0 + WSOD 2.0 I have installed
    >> all latests fixpaks on: Base OS, Server, MPTS, TCP/IP(MPTS and TCPIP
    >> from ACP2 + fixes). Problem is that when I turn on 8363 and it starts
    >> DHCP discover DHCP Server dies immediately no trace in DHCP server logs
    >> at all it just fades away. Anyone seen this? What might be probable
    >> cause? I have booted Fujitsu Futro B210 client from this server many
    >> times so it cant be mis configured server. Only setting I have changed
    >> is Mac address of client in server config files.

    > Can you activate DHCP client logging? Does LANTRAN report anything
    > interesting? It sounds as though TCP/IP may not be bound properly...

+ Reply to Thread