OS/2 Video Cards - OS2

This is a discussion on OS/2 Video Cards - OS2 ; Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that are commonly available?...

  1. OS/2 Video Cards

    Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    are commonly available?

  2. Re: OS/2 Video Cards

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:00:53 UTC in comp.os.os2.misc, Bob Stan
    wrote:

    > Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    > are commonly available?

    My cheap'n'cheerful Asus badged ATI X300SE works pretty well with SNAP 3.1.8.
    Has one problem that I've found so far and that's that the first window you pick
    up and move around after a reboot disappears from view! You can get it back by
    dragging another window over the place it ought to be and then the bit that was
    covered up reappears. A weird bug but it only happens once per boot and is easy
    enough to circumvent...

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK
    Trevor dot Hemsley at ntlworld dot com

  3. Re: OS/2 Video Cards

    Hi Bob

    Bob Stan wrote:
    > Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    > are commonly available?

    A look through the Supported Chipsets in the SNAP318 readme coupled with
    a hunt on ebay for a matching PCI-E card is probably the answer.

    I'm using a Sapphire (ATI) X600Pro which seems to work OK

    Regards

    Pete

  4. Re: OS/2 Video Cards

    On 24 Giu, 18:18, Peter Brown
    wrote:
    > Hi Bob
    >
    > Bob Stan wrote:
    > > Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    > > are commonly available?

    > A look through the Supported Chipsets in the SNAP318 readme coupled with
    > a hunt on ebay for a matching PCI-E card is probably the answer.
    >
    > I'm using a Sapphire (ATI) X600Pro which seems to work OK

    I recently got as a gift a fine ATI X550. Didn't even manage to
    install it, I have *no* time :-( but I know it works fine with SNAP
    318. I must try it with the new Panorama driver.

    Mentore

  5. Re: OS/2 Video Cards

    On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 14:00:53 UTC, Bob Stan
    wrote:

    > Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    > are commonly available?

    I am using an ATI Radeon X300SE that works fine with SNAP
    --

  6. Re: OS/2 Video Cards

    On 06/24/07 10:00 am Bob Stan wrote:

    > Any recommendation for PCI-E video cards that would work with SNAP, that
    > are commonly available?

    I replaced my X300 card by an X1050 (on sale this week at BestBuy). SNAP
    3.1.8 identifies it as X550 but seems to work just fine.

    Perce

+ Reply to Thread