Alpha testers wanted - OS2

This is a discussion on Alpha testers wanted - OS2 ; Hallo all, I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is a. Quicker b. Can seek on file size c. Can seek on file attributes d. Can seek on file date and time e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously ...

  1. Alpha testers wanted

    Hallo all,

    I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is

    a. Quicker
    b. Can seek on file size
    c. Can seek on file attributes
    d. Can seek on file date and time
    e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously
    f. Provides multicolumn output which can be sorted.
    g. Can perform copy/delete/edit/open as/open parent etc.on the selected
    files.

    However before it is at the level that I can release it to the general
    public I would like to have it tested at some feedback and I am therfore
    looking for alpha/beta testers.

    If you would like to help me please email me at k.meringtonATmydomain.com
    replace AT with @
    mydomain.com with gmail.com

  2. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    On 21.06.07 16:29, Keith Merrington wrote:

    > I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is

    Ever heard about ACDataSeeker (dataseek.exe)? That one is included in
    recent eCS beta versions:

    http://xoomer.alice.it/acantato/
    http://xoomer.alice.it/acantato/apps...ataseeker.html

    Wouldn't it be a better idea to implement features, that are missing
    from your POV, in Alessandro's dataseek?

    Why reinvent the wheel? Just for the fun of programming? ;-)

    --
    Andreas Schnellbacher

  3. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    In article <9Xvei.234$%q4.3@amstwist00>
    nospamk.merrington@nospamchello.nl "Keith Merrington" writes:

    > I have written a new version of PMSEEK [...]
    >
    > However before it is at the level that I can release it to the
    > general public I would like to have it tested at some feedback
    > and I am therfore looking for alpha/beta testers.
    >
    > [...]

    Keith, I'd love to be able to help you; but, though I search for
    files now and then (as do most of us ), I doubt my testing of
    it would be exacting enough or give meaningful results. OTOH, I
    applaud the effort (knowing how apathetic users can be) and hope
    PMSEEK++(?) proves successful.
    --
    Andrew Stephenson

  4. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    I have seen Alessandros program and I quite like it.

    The main reason I started on this project was I wanted to have a program
    that could look at all drives on different adapters simultaneously and avoid
    the time wasted going through a sequence of drives.

    And yes I think programming is fun.

    Keith Merrington

    "Andreas Schnellbacher" wrote in message
    > On 21.06.07 16:29, Keith Merrington wrote:
    >
    > > I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is

    > Ever heard about ACDataSeeker (dataseek.exe)? That one is included in
    > recent eCS beta versions:
    >
    > http://xoomer.alice.it/acantato/
    > http://xoomer.alice.it/acantato/apps...ataseeker.html
    >
    > Wouldn't it be a better idea to implement features, that are missing
    > from your POV, in Alessandro's dataseek?
    >
    > Why reinvent the wheel? Just for the fun of programming? ;-)

    > --
    > Andreas Schnellbacher

  5. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:29:02 +0200, Andreas Schnellbacher wrote:

    >Why reinvent the wheel? Just for the fun of programming? ;-)

    Ask that of the *nix guys - cat/more/less/head/tail........... Need I go on?

    --

    Regards

    Dave Saville

  6. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    Keith Merrington wrote:
    > Hallo all,
    >
    > I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is
    >
    > a. Quicker
    > b. Can seek on file size
    > c. Can seek on file attributes
    > d. Can seek on file date and time
    > e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously
    > f. Provides multicolumn output which can be sorted.
    > g. Can perform copy/delete/edit/open as/open parent etc.on the selected
    > files.
    >
    > However before it is at the level that I can release it to the general
    > public I would like to have it tested at some feedback and I am therfore
    > looking for alpha/beta testers.
    >
    > If you would like to help me please email me at k.meringtonATmydomain.com
    > replace AT with @
    > mydomain.com with gmail.com

    I'd be happy to be a tester!
    Cheers!

  7. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:29:24 UTC, "Keith Merrington"
    wrote:

    > Hallo all,
    >
    > I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is
    >
    > a. Quicker
    > b. Can seek on file size
    > c. Can seek on file attributes
    > d. Can seek on file date and time
    > e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously
    > f. Provides multicolumn output which can be sorted.
    > g. Can perform copy/delete/edit/open as/open parent etc.on the selected
    > files.

    Did you consider implementing search in ZIP archives? That would be
    cool.
    --
    "I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden

  8. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    Christian Hennecke wrote:
    > On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:29:24 UTC, "Keith Merrington"
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hallo all,
    >>
    >> I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is
    >>
    >> a. Quicker
    >> b. Can seek on file size
    >> c. Can seek on file attributes
    >> d. Can seek on file date and time
    >> e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously
    >> f. Provides multicolumn output which can be sorted.
    >> g. Can perform copy/delete/edit/open as/open parent etc.on the selected
    >> files.

    > Did you consider implementing search in ZIP archives? That would be
    > cool.

    Something I've also often wished for. Also tar.gz etc would be nice
    Dave

  9. Re: Alpha testers wanted

    Good idea, I hadn't thought of it but I will put on my (growing) list of
    enhancements

    Keith

    "Christian Hennecke" wrote in
    message news:M5pPxWuhdP3L-pn2-ON386pj6cPeY@hal9000...
    > On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:29:24 UTC, "Keith Merrington"
    > wrote:
    >
    > > Hallo all,
    > >
    > > I have written a new version of PMSEEK which is
    > >
    > > a. Quicker
    > > b. Can seek on file size
    > > c. Can seek on file attributes
    > > d. Can seek on file date and time
    > > e. Can access multiple devices simultaneously
    > > f. Provides multicolumn output which can be sorted.
    > > g. Can perform copy/delete/edit/open as/open parent etc.on the selected
    > > files.

    > Did you consider implementing search in ZIP archives? That would be
    > cool.
    > --
    > "I smell blood and an era of prominent madmen." - W.H. Auden

+ Reply to Thread