FTP problem? - OS2

This is a discussion on FTP problem? - OS2 ; I have an OS/2 4.52 system that has run the ftp daemon flawlessly for several years. I just reconfigured the 3COM 3C905C PCI ethernet card to run at 100mbps instead of the 10 mbps that it has been running at. ...

  1. FTP problem?

    I have an OS/2 4.52 system that has run the ftp daemon
    flawlessly for several years. I just reconfigured the
    3COM 3C905C PCI ethernet card to run at 100mbps instead
    of the 10 mbps that it has been running at. The card
    passes all its diagnostics just fine and the ethernet
    connectivity seems fine. The only problem seems to be
    with uploading files using ftp. The speed has dropped
    off to almost nothing and then craps out. Downloading
    files from the OS/2 box is just blazing. Very puzzling...
    Does anyone know of any bugs in the ftpd that might explain
    this?

    Thanks,
    Philip

  2. Re: FTP problem?

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:48:11 -0400, Philip Wright wrote:

    > I have an OS/2 4.52 system that has run the ftp daemon
    > flawlessly for several years. I just reconfigured the
    > 3COM 3C905C PCI ethernet card to run at 100mbps instead
    > of the 10 mbps that it has been running at. The card
    > passes all its diagnostics just fine and the ethernet
    > connectivity seems fine. The only problem seems to be
    > with uploading files using ftp. The speed has dropped
    > off to almost nothing and then craps out. Downloading
    > files from the OS/2 box is just blazing. Very puzzling...
    > Does anyone know of any bugs in the ftpd that might explain
    > this?

    The only similar thing that I've seen is with my own machines connecting
    to Netlabs' FTP server.
    My old W4/FP15 machine running the 16 bit TCP/IP stack suffers from this
    slowdown after uploading several hundred K, whereas the eCS machine running
    the 32 bit TCP/IP stack does not. Downloads are fine on both.
    I don't seem to suffer from the problem on other servers, nor did it happen
    at all until about a year ago.
    I don't know what Netlabs is running nor which end is at fault.

+ Reply to Thread