Hallo,

0.) Single Processor System with SIS chipset
1.) eCS 1.2 R
2.) kernel: 14.104a_W4 (Warp4 kernel)
3.) ACPI: Version 3.09 (acpi-20080423.zip)
4.) APM: Version 1.24 (acpi-apm-20080423.zip)

After reading the ACPI and APM docs which I found confusing I finally:

1.) copied ACPI.PSD to \OS2\BOOT
2.) copied ACPI32.DLL to \OS2\DLL
3.) copied ACPI.CFG to \OS2\BOOT
4.) copied APM.ADD to \OS2\BOOT
5.) overwote RESOURCE.SYS in \OS2\BOOT
6.) did this to my config.sys:
a.) add as 1. line: PSD=ACPI.PSD
b.) add as 2. line: BASEDEV=APM.ADD
c.) remove: DEVICE=D:\OS2\BOOT\APM.SYS
d.) remove: DEVICE=D:\OS2\MDOS\VAPM.SYS
e.) remove: RUN=D:\OS2\APMDAEMN.EXE
7.) ran "detach ACPIDAEMON.EXE ACPID.CFG" from the directory ACPID.CFG
is located in

However I am not able to neither go into power save from the WPS power
object or XWorkplace nor can power off the computer via XWorkplace (with
ACPI enabled on shutdown page).

Questions:
1.) have I done the right things to config.sys ?
2.) is ACPISNP.SNP or ACPICA.ADD still needed ? The docs still mentions
them here and there ...
3.) I have not done anything to \OS2\SNOOP.LST. Do I need to strip
something from it ?
4.) I have touched neither ACPI.CFG nor ACPID.CFG. Do I need to change
something ?

Thanks for any help,

Lars