HP 930 printer woes - OS2

This is a discussion on HP 930 printer woes - OS2 ; For some reason, my HP 930 printer constantly either doesn't print (I sometimes get an eCS eerror message asking me to retry or cancel, and it then prints if I choose retry), or it sends out empty sheets or sheets ...

  1. HP 930 printer woes

    For some reason, my HP 930 printer constantly either doesn't print (I
    sometimes get an eCS eerror message asking me to retry or cancel, and it
    then prints if I choose retry), or it sends out empty sheets or sheets
    with one line printed. I'm using the OMNI driver with it. Most of the
    printing is from Dos and Win3.1 apps. Any clues what's messed up?

    Of course, I still guess as to ink levels.

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  2. Re: HP 930 printer woes

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:24:45 UTC, nobody@junk.min.net wrote:

    > For some reason, my HP 930 printer constantly either doesn't print (I
    > sometimes get an eCS eerror message asking me to retry or cancel, and it
    > then prints if I choose retry), or it sends out empty sheets or sheets
    > with one line printed. I'm using the OMNI driver with it. Most of the
    > printing is from Dos and Win3.1 apps. Any clues what's messed up?
    >
    > Of course, I still guess as to ink levels.
    >

    > Alan

    The first thing I would check is the CPU usage monitor - especially if
    the problem is appearing in DOS printing. If the usage is "pegged"
    100% that is the problem. Go in and adjust properties in the
    particular programs to reduce sensitivity so that the CPU usage drops
    ot turn off background operation. I had a similar problem that traced
    back to the program gobbling up CPU so that it would not print. Hope
    this helps . . . .
    --

  3. Re: HP 930 printer woes

    Hi Alan

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > For some reason, my HP 930 printer constantly either doesn't print (I
    > sometimes get an eCS eerror message asking me to retry or cancel, and it
    > then prints if I choose retry), or it sends out empty sheets or sheets
    > with one line printed. I'm using the OMNI driver with it. Most of the
    > printing is from Dos and Win3.1 apps. Any clues what's messed up?
    >
    > Of course, I still guess as to ink levels.
    >

    > Alan

    I always install a win3.1 printer driver for use with win3.1 sessions -
    didn't realise that you could use the, usually, less capable os/2 omni
    driver in win3.1?

    Regards

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread