os2world.com - where is it? - OS2

This is a discussion on os2world.com - where is it? - OS2 ; Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone? Stuart...

  1. os2world.com - where is it?

    Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?

    Stuart

  2. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    Hi Stuart

    Stuart Gray wrote:
    > Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    >
    > Stuart

    I did see something on os2voice about os2world being down for a day or
    so for maintenance, something to do with replacing drive(s).

    However, it now seems to be several days. Guess they may be having a few
    problems.

    Regards

    Pete

  3. re: os2world.com - where is it?

    + User FidoNet address: 1:396/45
    Hello all.

    Re: os2world.com - where is it? >

    PB> Stuart Gray wrote:

    sg> Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead
    sg> and gone?

    PB> I did see something on os2voice about os2world being down
    PB> for a day or so for maintenance, something to do with
    PB> replacing drive(s). However, it now seems to be several
    PB> days. Guess they may be having a few problems.

    Judging from what I can see in my Lynx browser, the site is
    there but cannot find its opening page.

    "ALERT! HTTP/1.0 404 Not found"

    Hopefully it's just a scripting error.

    Best regards,
    Marc
    -+-timEd/2 1.10.y2k+
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++
    + The FidoNet News Gate (Meridian, MS - USA) +
    + The views of this user are strictly his or her own. +
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

  4. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    Stuart Gray wrote:
    > Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?

    Seems to be a hosting site issue. The name servers at do not
    respond to DNS queries that would point to .

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)

  5. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    Hi

    Stuart Gray wrote:
    > Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    >
    > Stuart

    Seems to be working now :-)

    Pete

  6. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:56:57 UTC, Stuart Gray
    wrote:

    -> Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    ->
    -> Stuart

    Kim sent the following message to the VOICE News list 4 days ago:

    "++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++

    From: kimhDESPAM@DESPAMos2world.com

    OS2 World server will be down down for the next 24 hours due to
    service of the system. Reason is that we last night noticed that one
    of the hard drives was starting to give the server some problems and
    resulted in that we need to rebuild the raid volume that the OS is
    installed on.

    So I hope that this little brief message avoids any kind of
    conspirational ideas of why the server is off-line."

    os2world.com is now back online when I checked it a few minutes ago.

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

  7. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:33:35 UTC, Peter Brown
    opined:
    > Hi
    >
    > Stuart Gray wrote:
    > > Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    > >
    > > Stuart

    > Seems to be working now :-)
    >
    > Pete

    Here it produces a completely blank white screen. =;-(8

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  8. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 07:18:47 UTC, "Stan Goodman"
    opined:
    > On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:33:35 UTC, Peter Brown
    > opined:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Stuart Gray wrote:
    > > > Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    > > >
    > > > Stuart

    > > Seems to be working now :-)
    > >
    > > Pete

    > Here it produces a completely blank white screen. =;-(8

    Now it's there.

    --
    Stan Goodman
    Qiryat Tiv'on

  9. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    Mark Dodel wrote:
    > On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:56:57 UTC, Stuart Gray
    > wrote:
    >
    > -> Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    > ->
    > -> Stuart
    >
    > Kim sent the following message to the VOICE News list 4 days ago:
    >
    > "++ From the VOICE OS/2-eCS News Service http://www.os2voice.org ++
    >
    > From: kimhDESPAM@DESPAMos2world.com
    >
    > OS2 World server will be down down for the next 24 hours due to
    > service of the system. Reason is that we last night noticed that one
    > of the hard drives was starting to give the server some problems and
    > resulted in that we need to rebuild the raid volume that the OS is
    > installed on.
    >
    > So I hope that this little brief message avoids any kind of
    > conspirational ideas of why the server is off-line."
    >

    > os2world.com is now back online when I checked it a few minutes ago.
    >
    > Mark

    And away it goes again

    Stuart

  10. Re: os2world.com - where is it?

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 11:50:32 UTC, Stuart Gray
    wrote:

    -> Mark Dodel wrote:
    -> > On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:56:57 UTC, Stuart Gray
    -> > wrote:
    -> >
    -> > -> Haven't been able to connect for a few days now - is it dead and gone?
    -> > ->
    -> > -> Stuart
    -> >
[...]

    Hopefully when Kim sorts out the problems and the site is back up he
    will send out an announcement. All the os2world.com and os2world.net
    addresses are bouncing as of yesterday as well. :-(

    Mark

    --
    From the eComStation of Mark Dodel

    http://www.os2voice.org
    Warpstock 2006, Windsor, Ontario, Canada, Oct 12-15, 2006 -
    http://www.warpstock.org

+ Reply to Thread