Macro program - OS2

This is a discussion on Macro program - OS2 ; A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?...

  1. Macro program

    A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?

  2. Re: Macro program

    In , on 05/28/07
    at 12:28 AM, letoured@nospam.net said:

    >A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability
    >that worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public
    >free-to-use domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else
    >remember?

    To some extent REXX will manipulate Workplace Shell objects. REXX is
    included with OS/2.

    spam: spam@uce.gov
    13> (Barry Mann)

  3. Re: Macro program

    In , on 05/28/2007
    at 12:28 AM, letoured@nospam.net said:

    >A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    >worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    >domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?

    Sounds like WPSWizard to me. See here for details:

    http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting/wp...wizardmain.htm

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  4. Re: Macro program

    Sir:

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    > worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    > domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?

    Try this:
    .
    Seen it described as a macro recorder/player.

    I see Pmate called a macro recorder/player. It came with the developer
    connection CDs dating from Warp3. There was Witt, another developer
    tool that could do this.

    Impos/2 may be able to do this macro thing, but I don't own it. EPM has
    the ability to record keystrokes and play them back later. Hook also
    claims to be macro recorder
    .

    I've not tried any of these. Let know which one works the best.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  5. Re: Macro program

    In <465bdc45$0$8990$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/29/2007
    at 02:56 AM, "William L. Hartzell" said:

    >Sir:

    >letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >> A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    >> worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    >> domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?
    >>

    >Try this:
    >.

    > Seen it described as a macro recorder/player.

    >I see Pmate called a macro recorder/player. It came with the developer
    >connection CDs dating from Warp3. There was Witt, another developer
    >tool that could do this.

    >Impos/2 may be able to do this macro thing, but I don't own it. EPM has
    >the ability to record keystrokes and play them back later. Hook also
    >claims to be macro recorder
    >.

    >I've not tried any of these. Let know which one works the best. --

    I'll do that. --I'm getting tired of spam and thing, and figured I'd use a macro progam to automate the filtering.

    >Bill
    >Thanks a Million!

  6. Re: Macro program

    In <465b79ff$3$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/28/2007
    at 08:52 PM, me@privacy.net said:

    >In , on 05/28/2007
    > at 12:28 AM, letoured@nospam.net said:

    >>A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    >>worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    >>domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?

    >Sounds like WPSWizard to me. See here for details:

    >http://www.os2world.com/cdwriting/wp...wizardmain.htm

    Thank you Dave.

    >-- Dave
    >dhdurgeeverizonnet

  7. Re: Macro program

    Hi

    letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    > In <465bdc45$0$8990$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/29/2007
    > at 02:56 AM, "William L. Hartzell" said:
    >

    >> Sir:

    >> letoured@nospam.net wrote:
    >>> A few years ago there was a commercial that had a macro capability that
    >>> worked with the Workplace Shell. It was put into the public free-to-use
    >>> domain. I can't remember what it was. Does anyone else remember?
    >>>

    >> Try this:
    >> .

    >> Seen it described as a macro recorder/player.

    >> I see Pmate called a macro recorder/player. It came with the developer
    >> connection CDs dating from Warp3. There was Witt, another developer
    >> tool that could do this.

    >> Impos/2 may be able to do this macro thing, but I don't own it. EPM has
    >> the ability to record keystrokes and play them back later. Hook also
    >> claims to be macro recorder
    >> .

    >> I've not tried any of these. Let know which one works the best. --

    > I'll do that. --I'm getting tired of spam and thing, and figured I'd use a macro progam to automate the filtering.

    I use a java app, PostArmor, to leave suspicious email on the server. It
    works pretty well but does let the odd spam or 2 through now and again.

    At the time that I installed the app I was getting a lot of spam hourly
    and I was so impressed with the amount caught and held on the server
    that I wrote an article for os2voice
    http://www.os2voice.org/vnl/past_iss...4H/vnewsf4.htm

    Regards

    Pete