tiny beep - OS2

This is a discussion on tiny beep - OS2 ; Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains. Any idea ...

  1. tiny beep

    Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    Any idea what could be causing the beep?

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  2. Re: tiny beep

    In <46548e33$2$nynaurff$mr2ice@newsgroups.comcast.net>, on 05/23/2007
    at 02:53 PM, nobody@junk.min.net said:

    >Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious.
    >I've run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    >Any idea what could be causing the beep?

    Are you running Dani's drivers? If so, the beep might be signalling an
    I/O error on one of your drives. If so, then typing diskinfo -c at a
    command prompt and seeing if any errors are shown.

    -- Dave
    dhdurgeeverizonnet

  3. Re: tiny beep

    Sir:

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    > beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    > run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.
    >
    > Any idea what could be causing the beep?

    If you've installed WPSwizard and don't have his multimedia classes
    installed, it beeps when it wishes to play a sound.

    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  4. Re: tiny beep

    On Wed, 23 May 2007 14:53:41 -0400, nobody@junk.min.net
    wrote:

    > Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    > beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    > run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    Do you have XWP installed and is there anything that looks like an error
    log in the root of your boot drive?

  5. Re: tiny beep

    In <46550aa2$0$12437$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/23/07
    at 10:48 PM, "William L. Hartzell" said:

    > Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >> beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    >> run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.
    >>
    >> Any idea what could be causing the beep?
    >>

    >If you've installed WPSwizard and don't have his multimedia classes
    >installed, it beeps when it wishes to play a sound.

    I do have WPSWizard installed, and his multimedia classes should be
    installed with eCS 1.2R. How would I check tobe sure they are, and
    install them if for some reason they aren't. MMOS/2, I suppose?

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  6. Re: tiny beep

    In , on 05/24/07
    at 06:11 PM, Paul Ratcliffe said:

    >> Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >> beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    >> run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    >Do you have XWP installed and is there anything that looks like an error
    >log in the root of your boot drive?

    XWorkplace is installed, and no error log in the root (save for
    popuplog.os2, which reports a doscall1 error for Seamonkey a couple of
    days ago.)

    Diskinfo -c didn't seem to show any problems.

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  7. Re: tiny beep

    On Thu, 24 May 2007 17:30:05 -0400, nobody@junk.min.net
    wrote:

    >>> Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >>> beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    >>> run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    >>Do you have XWP installed and is there anything that looks like an error
    >>log in the root of your boot drive?

    > XWorkplace is installed, and no error log in the root

    It's not that then.

  8. Re: tiny beep

    Sir:

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > In <46550aa2$0$12437$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/23/07
    > at 10:48 PM, "William L. Hartzell" said:
    >
    >> Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >>> beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious. I've
    >>> run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.
    >>>
    >>> Any idea what could be causing the beep?
    >>>

    >> If you've installed WPSwizard and don't have his multimedia classes
    >> installed, it beeps when it wishes to play a sound.

    > I do have WPSWizard installed, and his multimedia classes should be
    > installed with eCS 1.2R. How would I check tobe sure they are, and
    > install them if for some reason they aren't. MMOS/2, I suppose?

    Since you have Xworkplace installed, you may be able to open the WPS
    class list object or the multimedia object to see if they are listed
    (don't have his classes installed).
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  9. Re: tiny beep

    In <46563966$0$16656$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/24/07
    at 08:19 PM, "William L. Hartzell" said:

    >> I do have WPSWizard installed, and his multimedia classes should be
    >> installed with eCS 1.2R. How would I check tobe sure they are, and
    >> install them if for some reason they aren't. MMOS/2, I suppose?
    >>

    >Since you have Xworkplace installed, you may be able to open the WPS
    >class list object or the multimedia object to see if they are listed
    >(don't have his classes installed).

    There is an entry for CWMMDataFile in the WPS class list. I suppose that
    means the classes are installed?

    If not, is there a way to installl them now? I'd guess they're on the eCS
    install CD.

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  10. Re: tiny beep

    Sir:

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > In <46563966$0$16656$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/24/07
    > at 08:19 PM, "William L. Hartzell" said:
    >
    >>> I do have WPSWizard installed, and his multimedia classes should be
    >>> installed with eCS 1.2R. How would I check tobe sure they are, and
    >>> install them if for some reason they aren't. MMOS/2, I suppose?
    >>>

    >> Since you have Xworkplace installed, you may be able to open the WPS
    >> class list object or the multimedia object to see if they are listed
    >> (don't have his classes installed).

    > There is an entry for CWMMDataFile in the WPS class list. I suppose that
    > means the classes are installed?
    >
    > If not, is there a way to installl them now? I'd guess they're on the eCS
    > install CD.

    The odds says that you have his classes installed. So this is not your
    beep source.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  11. Re: tiny beep

    In <4657d20e$0$19395$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/26/07
    at 01:23 AM, "William L. Hartzell" said:

    >>> Since you have Xworkplace installed, you may be able to open the WPS
    >>> class list object or the multimedia object to see if they are listed
    >>> (don't have his classes installed).

    >> There is an entry for CWMMDataFile in the WPS class list. I suppose that
    >> means the classes are installed?
    >>
    >> If not, is there a way to installl them now? I'd guess they're on the eCS
    >> install CD.
    >>

    >The odds says that you have his classes installed. So this is not your
    >beep source.

    Something must be. What else can I check?

    If I didn't already mention it, I've run checkini /C until the desktop
    didn't need to reset, then ran cleanini, so the ini files should be okay.

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  12. Re: tiny beep

    Sir:

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:

    >>> There is an entry for CWMMDataFile in the WPS class list. I suppose that
    >>> means the classes are installed?
    >>>
    >>> If not, is there a way to installl them now? I'd guess they're on the eCS
    >>> install CD.
    >>>

    >> The odds says that you have his classes installed. So this is not your
    >> beep source.

    > Something must be. What else can I check?
    >
    > If I didn't already mention it, I've run checkini /C until the desktop
    > didn't need to reset, then ran cleanini, so the ini files should be okay.

    The only beep that I have is from CADhandler, but that has been
    suggested already. Just don't know what else to suggest.
    --
    Bill
    Thanks a Million!

  13. Re: tiny beep

    In <465e1bb5$0$4923$4c368faf@roadrunner.com>, on 05/30/07
    at 07:51 PM, "William L. Hartzell" said:

    >>> The odds says that you have his classes installed. So this is not your
    >>> beep source.

    >> Something must be. What else can I check?
    >>
    >> If I didn't already mention it, I've run checkini /C until the desktop
    >> didn't need to reset, then ran cleanini, so the ini files should be okay.
    >>

    >The only beep that I have is from CADhandler, but that has been
    >suggested already. Just don't know what else to suggest. --

    I thank you for trying to figure out my problem. Fortunately, the problem doesn't seem to hurt anything, but it does annoy me that the system is trying to tell me something and I don't know what it is.

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    the file section of the group.

    Replacement scripts for MMAudioPak to install only MP3 support to eCS
    1.2R. Works with the new eCS 1.2 minstall. It allows you to play MP3
    files by double clicking on them. Use this if the beeps are coming
    from MP3 files or maybe OGG files.

    Either way the MMAduioPak is a great addition to eComStation for
    playing MP3 files seamlessly from the WPS. You can also add a folder
    to eCenter wtih shadows of your favorite MP3s song for a quick and
    easy playlist.

    Greggory Shaw

    --

  15. Re: tiny beep

    In , on 06/03/07
    at 04:40 AM, "sXwamp" said:

    >You may what to try installing the Modified_Scripts_MMAudioPak.zip

    >the file section of the group.

    >Replacement scripts for MMAudioPak to install only MP3 support to eCS
    >1.2R. Works with the new eCS 1.2 minstall. It allows you to play MP3
    >files by double clicking on them. Use this if the beeps are coming from
    >MP3 files or maybe OGG files.

    >Either way the MMAduioPak is a great addition to eComStation for
    >playing MP3 files seamlessly from the WPS. You can also add a folder to
    >eCenter wtih shadows of your favorite MP3s song for a quick and easy
    >playlist.

    Thanks - I already have that installed.

    >On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 18:49:25 UTC, nobody@junk.min.net wrote:

    >> >The only beep that I have is from CADhandler, but that has been
    >> >suggested already. Just don't know what else to suggest. --

    >> I thank you for trying to figure out my problem. Fortunately, the problem doesn't seem to hurt anything, but it does annoy me that the system is trying to tell me something and I don't know what it is.
    >>

    >> Alan

    Alan

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

  16. Re: tiny beep

    In <4654924c$2$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/23/07
    at 03:10 PM, me@privacy.net said:

    >>Whenever I click something on my desktop (eCS 1.2R), I hear a very low
    >>beep. What I click comes up, and runs, but the beep has me curious.
    >>I've run checkini /C and cleanini, and the beep remains.

    >>Any idea what could be causing the beep?

    >Are you running Dani's drivers? If so, the beep might be signalling an
    >I/O error on one of your drives. If so, then typing diskinfo -c at a
    >command prompt and seeing if any errors are shown.

    The beep apparently was the result of having "Extended System Sounds"
    enabled in xWorkplace.