generic installer 1.70 - OS2

This is a discussion on generic installer 1.70 - OS2 ; Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently. Thanks. Alan -- ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: generic installer 1.70

  1. generic installer 1.70

    Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic
    Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't
    install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently.

    Thanks.


    Alan

    --

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to reply via e-mail. **

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    BBS - The Nerve Center Telnet FidoNet 261/1000 tncbbs.no-ip.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  2. Re: generic installer 1.70

    In <465363f8$1$nynaurff$mr2ice@newsgroups.comcast.net>, on 05/22/2007
    at 05:42 PM, nobody@junk.min.net said:

    >Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic
    >Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't
    >install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently.


    The appropriate version is bundled with Audio CD Creator. What you need
    to do is to use 1.60 to uninstall itself. You will then be able to
    install the new release and then the package.

    -- Dave
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    dhdurgeeverizonnet
    -----------------------------------------------------------


  3. Re: generic installer 1.70

    In <46538066$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/22/07
    at 07:42 PM, me@privacy.net said:


    >>Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic
    >>Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't
    >>install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently.


    >The appropriate version is bundled with Audio CD Creator. What you need
    >to do is to use 1.60 to uninstall itself. You will then be able to
    >install the new release and then the package.


    Thank you very much. I'll give that a try.


    Alan

    --

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to reply via e-mail. **

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    BBS - The Nerve Center Telnet FidoNet 261/1000 tncbbs.no-ip.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  4. Re: generic installer 1.70

    In <46538066$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/22/07
    at 07:42 PM, me@privacy.net said:


    >>Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic
    >>Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't
    >>install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently.


    >The appropriate version is bundled with Audio CD Creator. What you need
    >to do is to use 1.60 to uninstall itself. You will then be able to
    >install the new release and then the package.


    I got it installed. I have an NEC 3504 DVD writer (IDE). There's no
    driver for it listed in the available drivers in Audio CD Creator's
    settings. I also don't know what options should be used with CDRecord and
    Dvdao in the setting, either. Any tips?


    Alan

    --

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to reply via e-mail. **

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    BBS - The Nerve Center Telnet FidoNet 261/1000 tncbbs.no-ip.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  5. Re: generic installer 1.70

    Hi Alan

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > In <46538066$1$quqhetrr$mr2ice@news.individual.net>, on 05/22/07
    > at 07:42 PM, me@privacy.net said:
    >
    >
    >>> Could someone please tell me where to find version 1.70 of Generic
    >>> Installer, and how to uninstall v 1.60? Google has not helped. I can't
    >>> install audiocdcreator without 1.70, apparently.

    >
    >> The appropriate version is bundled with Audio CD Creator. What you need
    >> to do is to use 1.60 to uninstall itself. You will then be able to
    >> install the new release and then the package.

    >
    > I got it installed. I have an NEC 3504 DVD writer (IDE). There's no
    > driver for it listed in the available drivers in Audio CD Creator's
    > settings. I also don't know what options should be used with CDRecord and
    > Dvdao in the setting, either. Any tips?
    >
    >
    > Alan
    >



    cdrecord2 -scanbus > scsibus.txt

    That should create a text file, in the cdrecord2 directory, with all
    drives found and their scsi address. Look for the burner address which
    you will need to burn with cdrecord2; dvddao can address burners by
    drive letter so not necessary there.

    Regards

    Pete

  6. Re: generic installer 1.70

    In , on 05/23/07
    at 10:49 PM, Peter Brown said:

    >> I got it installed. I have an NEC 3504 DVD writer (IDE). There's no
    >> driver for it listed in the available drivers in Audio CD Creator's
    >> settings. I also don't know what options should be used with CDRecord and
    >> Dvdao in the setting, either. Any tips?


    >cdrecord2 -scanbus > scsibus.txt


    >That should create a text file, in the cdrecord2 directory, with all
    >drives found and their scsi address. Look for the burner address which
    >you will need to burn with cdrecord2; dvddao can address burners by
    >drive letter so not necessary there.


    Thanks. I have the address of the burner, and that's in the settings.
    They also ask for a driver, and there is none listed for my unit, plus
    there's a place for options for CDRecord and Dvdao. Perhaps no options
    are needed?

    Alan

    --

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to reply via e-mail. **

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    BBS - The Nerve Center Telnet FidoNet 261/1000 tncbbs.no-ip.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  7. Re: generic installer 1.70

    Hi Alan

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > In , on 05/23/07
    > at 10:49 PM, Peter Brown said:
    >
    >>> I got it installed. I have an NEC 3504 DVD writer (IDE). There's no
    >>> driver for it listed in the available drivers in Audio CD Creator's
    >>> settings. I also don't know what options should be used with CDRecord and
    >>> Dvdao in the setting, either. Any tips?

    >
    >> cdrecord2 -scanbus > scsibus.txt

    >
    >> That should create a text file, in the cdrecord2 directory, with all
    >> drives found and their scsi address. Look for the burner address which
    >> you will need to burn with cdrecord2; dvddao can address burners by
    >> drive letter so not necessary there.

    >
    > Thanks. I have the address of the burner, and that's in the settings.
    > They also ask for a driver, and there is none listed for my unit, plus
    > there's a place for options for CDRecord and Dvdao. Perhaps no options
    > are needed?
    >
    > Alan
    >



    I do not use Audio CD Creator so am not familiar with what settings it
    requires.

    I do use cdrecord and dvddao occasionally though and have never fed
    either with a "driver" on the command line, usually the software "auto
    selects" something like generic scsi for IDE devices.

    Any options are those you want to use during the burn so I guess you
    should peruse the related docs to see what you need eg if a burn fails
    you may want to use the speed option to see if burning at a slower speed
    works.

    Regards

    Pete

  8. Re: generic installer 1.70

    In , on 05/24/07
    at 09:58 PM, Peter Brown said:

    >I do not use Audio CD Creator so am not familiar with what settings it
    >requires.


    >I do use cdrecord and dvddao occasionally though and have never fed
    >either with a "driver" on the command line, usually the software "auto
    >selects" something like generic scsi for IDE devices.


    Generic SCSI is an available driver. As there was no "generic IDE," I'll
    try that. I think those apps use the Dani IDE FLT driver from the command
    line?

    >Any options are those you want to use during the burn so I guess you
    >should peruse the related docs to see what you need eg if a burn fails
    >you may want to use the speed option to see if burning at a slower speed
    > works.


    I've been looking through the docs, too, and will continue.

    Thanks again,

    Alan

    --

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ** Please use address alanh77[at]comcast.net to reply via e-mail. **

    Posted using registered MR/2 ICE Newsreader #564 and eComStation 1.21

    BBS - The Nerve Center Telnet FidoNet 261/1000 tncbbs.no-ip.com
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------


  9. Re: generic installer 1.70

    Hi Alan

    nobody@junk.min.net wrote:
    > In , on 05/24/07
    > at 09:58 PM, Peter Brown said:
    >
    >> I do not use Audio CD Creator so am not familiar with what settings it
    >> requires.

    >
    >> I do use cdrecord and dvddao occasionally though and have never fed
    >> either with a "driver" on the command line, usually the software "auto
    >> selects" something like generic scsi for IDE devices.

    >
    > Generic SCSI is an available driver. As there was no "generic IDE," I'll
    > try that.



    Let the software "auto select" it based on the hardware it finds.


    I think those apps use the Dani IDE FLT driver from the command
    > line?
    >



    I think both the danis506.add and daniatap(i).flt are required rather
    than the IBM versions of those files so you may want to check on hobbes
    to see if you have the current releases installed.


    >> Any options are those you want to use during the burn so I guess you
    >> should peruse the related docs to see what you need eg if a burn fails
    >> you may want to use the speed option to see if burning at a slower speed
    >> works.

    >
    > I've been looking through the docs, too, and will continue.
    >
    > Thanks again,
    >
    > Alan
    >




    Have Fun :-)

    Pete

+ Reply to Thread