WiFi PCMCIA Driver - OS2

This is a discussion on WiFi PCMCIA Driver - OS2 ; My T20 Laptop w/Linksys PCMCIA card works with the Generic Prism driver. However this driver only works on an unprotected network. Is there any modifications to this driver that will allow simple WEP encription? Or any other options available? It ...

  1. WiFi PCMCIA Driver

    My T20 Laptop w/Linksys PCMCIA card works with the Generic Prism
    driver. However this driver only works on an unprotected network. Is
    there any modifications to this driver that will allow simple WEP
    encription? Or any other options available? It seems in the
    properties that the Generic Prism driver has entries for WEP
    encription, but when I include them, reset the mounting point to WEP,
    the driver fails to find any network.

    Again, it does work unencripted.

    Paul
    --

  2. Re: WiFi PCMCIA Driver

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 15:35:08 UTC, "PaulRS"
    wrote:

    > My T20 Laptop w/Linksys PCMCIA card works with the Generic Prism
    > driver. However this driver only works on an unprotected network. Is
    > there any modifications to this driver that will allow simple WEP
    > encription? Or any other options available? It seems in the
    > properties that the Generic Prism driver has entries for WEP
    > encription, but when I include them, reset the mounting point to WEP,
    > the driver fails to find any network.
    >
    > Again, it does work unencripted.
    >
    > Paul

    For anybody wanting to know an answer to this: I got a private reply.
    The _bottom-line_ was that the right PC card was needed. I got hold
    of an IBM High Rate Wireless LAN PC card and am now able to use the
    T-20 Laptop on a WEP encrypted network. The linksys card would
    probable do encryption with the right drivers (as it works encrypted
    with windooze), but unfortunately such drivers are not available.