Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window - OS2

This is a discussion on Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window - OS2 ; How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2 CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80 columns x 25 rows?...

  1. Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2
    CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80
    columns x 25 rows?

  2. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    On Fri, 4 May 2007 01:56:25 UTC, "Elmer Fudd"
    wrote:

    > How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2
    > CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80
    > columns x 25 rows?

    Put /k mode 80,50% in the program object's Parameters entry field.

    --

    Regards

    Sid Gale

  3. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    In article ,
    "Elmer Fudd" wrote:
    >How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2
    >CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80
    >columns x 25 rows?

    If you're running Warp 4 or above that by default opens command
    windows in maximised mode, it's quite simple:

    Open the Properties of the Command Window object.
    In the "parameters" field there will be something like "/k cls" (without the
    quotes). Change this to "/k mode 80,50" (without the quotes).

    On Warp 3 and earlier, the window opens at the 80x25 dimensions size
    with a scrollbar. You have to drag it open to full size. You can make
    "maximised" the system default by shift-clicking the "maximise" button at
    the top right of any command window. Remember that in many areas of OS/2,
    holding down shift while doing an action results in the action becoming the
    system-wide default for all instances of that object.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

  4. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    In , on
    05/04/2007
    at 01:56 AM, "Elmer Fudd" said:

    >How do I change the default window size in the program object for
    >OS/2 CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default
    >80 columns x 25 rows?

    I use /K to set the size after it started, but I'd like to know how to
    change the font size.

    reply to spamtrap@library.lspace.org

  5. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    Excellent, thank you!

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 21:12:10 +1200, Don Hills wrote:

    :>In article ,
    :>"Elmer Fudd" wrote:
    :>>How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2
    :>>CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80
    :>>columns x 25 rows?
    :>
    :>If you're running Warp 4 or above that by default opens command
    :>windows in maximised mode, it's quite simple:
    :>
    :>Open the Properties of the Command Window object.
    :>In the "parameters" field there will be something like "/k cls" (without the
    :>quotes). Change this to "/k mode 80,50" (without the quotes).
    :>
    :>On Warp 3 and earlier, the window opens at the 80x25 dimensions size
    :>with a scrollbar. You have to drag it open to full size. You can make
    :>"maximised" the system default by shift-clicking the "maximise" button at
    :>the top right of any command window. Remember that in many areas of OS/2,
    :>holding down shift while doing an action results in the action becoming the
    :>system-wide default for all instances of that object.
    :>
    :>--
    :>Don Hills (dmhills at attglobaldotnet) Wellington, New Zealand
    :>"New interface closely resembles Presentation Manager,
    :> preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"
    :> -- Advertisement on the box for Microsoft Windows 2.11 for 286

  6. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    Sid Gale wrote:
    > Put /k mode 80,50% in the program object's Parameters entry field.

    This part is working. But did someone mamage to get the window to start
    without scroll-bars /and/ not allways in the upper left corner?

    Unfortunately using /K mode... still starts the window as 80x25 first.
    This effectively limits the window size if full screen is turned off.
    With full screen as default the window resizes automatically but the
    automatic window placement does no longer work.

    Marcel

  7. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    On Fri, 4 May 2007 18:28:39 UTC, Marcel Müller
    wrote:

    > Sid Gale wrote:
    > > Put /k mode 80,50% in the program object's Parameters entry field.

    > This part is working. But did someone mamage to get the window to start
    > without scroll-bars /and/ not allways in the upper left corner?

    Start a window like that. Tnen resize and move it, while holding down
    SHIFT. Close and re-open and see if that works.

    --
    Bob Eager

  8. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    On May 4, 1:28 pm, Marcel Müller wrote:
    > Sid Gale wrote:
    > > Put /k mode 80,50% in the program object's Parameters entry field.

    > This part is working. But did someone mamage to get the window to start
    > without scroll-bars /and/ not allways in the upper left corner?
    >
    > Unfortunately using /K mode... still starts the window as 80x25 first.
    > This effectively limits the window size if full screen is turned off.
    > With full screen as default the window resizes automatically but the
    > automatic window placement does no longer work.
    >
    > Marcel

    I operate at a wide screen resolution (1440x900).

    /k mode 80,50 brings up the command prompt without any scroll bar.

    I thus set mine at

    /k mode 80,75

    This now adds a scroll bar to the right hand side of my command
    prompt.

    At this resolution, I like to set my font size at 14x8.

    right click on the command prompt, select font size, and then select
    "change". If you like what you see, then select the "save" button.

    David

  9. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    In <463b7b58$0$23136$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net>, on 05/04/2007
    at 08:28 PM, Marcel Müller said:

    >Unfortunately using /K mode... still starts the window as 80x25 first.
    >This effectively limits the window size if full screen is turned off.
    >With full screen as default the window resizes automatically but the
    >automatic window placement does no longer work.

    This is a limitation of working with cmd.exe. FWIW, 4os2 allows window
    size and position control from the command line

    This is a snip from the script I use to do this kind of stuff

    option //windowstate=standard
    option //windowwidth=%CX //windowheight=%CY //windowx=%X
    //windowy=%Y //windowstate=custom

    The parameters are calculated on the fly.

    There are a couple of other PM apps out there that can do this kind of
    thing. Udesktop is one that comes to mind.

    Steven

    Steven Levine MR2/ICE 3.00 beta 05 #10183
    eCS/Warp/DIY/14.103a_W4 www.scoug.com irc.ca.webbnet.info #scoug (Wed 7pmPST)

  10. Re: Default Window Size for OS/2 CMD Window

    On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:56:25 GMT, Elmer Fudd wrote:
    > How do I change the default window size in the program object for OS/2
    > CMD windows to be 80 columns x 50 rows rather than the default 80
    > columns x 25 rows?

    The latest version of OS/2 still support the use of a command file
    to initialize the command sessions.

    I have this line in my config.sys

    SET OS2_SHELL=C:\OS2\CMD.EXE /K C:\os2tools\os2init.cmd

    OS2INIT.cmd looks like this.

    ---
    MODE 80,50
    set PROMPT=[$R,$e[0;5;30;47m$e[K$p]
    cls
    ---

    Ciao, Hannes

    --
    >>> Rust never sleeps (borrowed from Neil YOUNG) <<<

+ Reply to Thread