How to find versions/levels? - OS2

This is a discussion on How to find versions/levels? - OS2 ; Trying to remember all the stuff I used to take for granted....... I have an OS/2 installation that I restored onto my system, but I forget the commands to find out what versions and levels I am at. Java -version ...

  1. How to find versions/levels?

    Trying to remember all the stuff I used to take for granted.......

    I have an OS/2 installation that I restored onto my system, but I
    forget the commands to find out what versions and levels I am at.

    Java -version is all I recall :-)

    How do I find the fixpak level?
    How do I find the TCPIP stack version?

    Are there others I should know, as I try to upgrade as far as I can go
    with this setup?

    Thanks a lot,

    John

  2. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    In article <1163563072.758224.8070@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.co m>,
    "John" wrote:

    >How do I find the fixpak level?
    >How do I find the TCPIP stack version?

    Enter SYSLEVEL at a command prompt.

    preparing you for the wonders of OS/2!"

  3. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 03:57:52 UTC in comp.os.os2.misc, "John"
    wrote:

    > How do I find the TCPIP stack version?

    inetver

    --
    Trevor Hemsley, Brighton, UK.
    Trevor-Hemsley at dsl dot pipex dot com

  4. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    Thanks guys. Now to go sort it all out......

    John

  5. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    On 14 Nov 2006 19:57:52 -0800, John wrote:
    > I have an OS/2 installation that I restored onto my system, but I
    > forget the commands to find out what versions and levels I am at.
    >
    > Java -version is all I recall :-)
    >
    > How do I find the fixpak level?
    > How do I find the TCPIP stack version?
    >
    > Are there others I should know, as I try to upgrade as far as I can go
    > with this setup?

    SYSLEVEL, or (IMO more convenient):
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/programming/rexx/#version

    --
    Alex Taylor
    http://www.cs-club.org/~alex

    Remove hat to reply (reply-to address).

  6. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    Alex Taylor wrote:
    > On 14 Nov 2006 19:57:52 -0800, John wrote:

    > > Are there others I should know, as I try to upgrade as far as I can go
    > > with this setup?

    > SYSLEVEL, or (IMO more convenient):
    > http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/programming/rexx/#version

    Thanks Alex. That's a pretty good set of tools. Ought to be a big help.

    Much obliged,

    John

  7. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    Alex Taylor schrieb:
    > On 14 Nov 2006 19:57:52 -0800, John wrote:
    >
    >>I have an OS/2 installation that I restored onto my system, but I
    >>forget the commands to find out what versions and levels I am at.
    >>
    >>Java -version is all I recall :-)
    >>
    >>How do I find the fixpak level?
    >>How do I find the TCPIP stack version?
    >>
    >>Are there others I should know, as I try to upgrade as far as I can go
    >>with this setup?

    > SYSLEVEL, or (IMO more convenient):
    > http://www.cs-club.org/~alex/programming/rexx/#version

    or, even easier:

    /* REXX script */
    if RxFuncQuery('QuerySingleSyslevel') then do
    rc = RxFuncAdd('QuerySingleSyslevel','RLANUTIL','QueryS ingleSyslevel')
    end

    if RxFuncQuery('SysLoadFuncs') then do
    rc = RxFuncAdd('SysLoadFuncs','REXXUTIL','SysLoadFuncs' )
    rc = SysLoadFuncs()
    end
    rc = QuerySingleSyslevel('c:\os2\install\syslevel.os2', 'info') /* example */
    rc = SysDumpVariables() /* for a short overview of what
    QuerySingleSyslevel returns in variable "info" */

    RLANUTIL.DLL is in \CID\LOCINSTU directory. It should be included in
    every OS/2 installation.

    Lars

  8. Re: How to find versions/levels?

    On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 21:41:00 UTC, Lars Erdmann
    wrote:

    > or, even easier:
    >
    > /* REXX script */
    > if RxFuncQuery('QuerySingleSyslevel') then do
    > rc = RxFuncAdd('QuerySingleSyslevel','RLANUTIL','QueryS ingleSyslevel')
    > end
    >
    > if RxFuncQuery('SysLoadFuncs') then do
    > rc = RxFuncAdd('SysLoadFuncs','REXXUTIL','SysLoadFuncs' )
    > rc = SysLoadFuncs()
    > end
    > rc = QuerySingleSyslevel('c:\os2\install\syslevel.os2', 'info') /* example */
    > rc = SysDumpVariables() /* for a short overview of what
    > QuerySingleSyslevel returns in variable "info" */

    or just, to query a single syslevel,

    syslev syslevel.os2

    SYSLEV available here:

    http://www.tavi.co.uk/os2pages/syslev.html